Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) Limited has invited open e-tenders for Manufacturing, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of signage and graphics for 06 Nos. of elevated stations, 07 Nos. of underground stations and 01 No. depot from Sikandra to Taj East Gate (Agra MRTS-Corridor 1) for Agra Metro Rail Project and 5 Nos. of elevated stations, 07 Nos. of underground stations from Chunniganj Station to Naubasta Station (Kanpur MRTS-Corridor 1) for Kanpur Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: AGKNPSG-01
- Name of Work: Manufacturing, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of signage and graphics for 06 Nos. of elevated stations, 07 Nos. of underground stations and 01 No. depot from Sikandra to Taj East Gate (Agra MRTS-Corridor 1) for Agra Metro Rail Project and 5 Nos. of elevated stations, 07 Nos. of underground stations from Chunniganj Station to Naubasta Station (Kanpur MRTS-Corridor 1) for Kanpur Metro Rail Project.
- Approximate cost of Work: INR 4.84 Crores
- EMD: INR 9.68 Lacs
- Completion Period: 22 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 12th Aug, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 18th Sep, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 21st Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 09th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 18th Sep, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 19th Sep, 2023
Scope of Work:
- The contractor will undertake the preparation of Signage GADs (General Arrangement Drawings) of all signage to be installed both inside and outside the premises. These GADs will be required to be submitted for approval (both in editable soft copy and hard copy).
- The contractor will undertake the preparation of Signage Artwork of all signage to be installed as per GADs. These artworks will be required to be submitted for approval (both in editable soft copy and hard copy).
- The contractor will undertake the preparation of fabrication drawings of all signage types to be installed as per BOQ. These drawings will be required to be submitted for approval (both in editable soft copy and hard copy).
- The Contractor will undertake the Fabrication and Installation of Signage and Graphics based on the design and technical requirements provided by UPMRC and will be responsible for coordinating all interfaces between adjacent and interfacing contract packages and disciplines.
- The work under this contract shall consist of, but not limited to, all materials, labour, equipment’s, tools, plants and necessary machinery as required to completely execute all the works relating to Signage and Graphics.
- The material used for fabrication or installation of signage or graphics shall be as per the make specified in relevant item of BOQ or any equivalent / superior make as per approval of the Engineer-in-charge. The decision of UPMRC in this regard shall be final and binding.
- Supply, manufacture and installation of a signage system in accordance with the BOQ, Signage’s Schedules and Fabrication Drawings for the public and non-public areas including community facilities signs, etc. for both internal and external areas of the stations and hinterland signs at road sides as per the General Arrangement Drawing including all necessary supports, suspenders, fixing, frame work, covers, sign faces, light fittings and fixtures, glazing and finishes as required.
- Provision and installation of sign graphics to sign faces adopting system wise pictograms, symbols and text as given in the signage schedule but not limited to silk-screened graphics, graphics applied in vinyl film to specific substrates and other specified applications.
- Provision and installation of required ducting/conduits, electrical work and cabling to power source associated with illuminated signage limited to the availability of power source within 5 m distance from the location of sign.
- All cabling, ducting and conducting required up to ‘Power Source’ from external sources including power fittings, boards, switches etc. will not be in the scope of this contract. Here Power Source means the electrical board or switch where the signage contractor is required to connect the cable /wire for electrical connection of illuminated signs.
- Minor civil works associated with foundations to signage and underground cabling or modifications required for installation of the signage and restoring to original (pre-work) structures/finishes.
- Final coordination of the station signage layouts given at tender stage with the civil and system wide contractors.
- Coordination with the Civil and system wide contractors on the mounting and the switching and power arrangements of the signage, both during the shop drawing and production and installation phases of the contract.
- Programming of the manufacture and installation of the signage.
- Preparation of shop drawings and working drawings, fabrication methods, samples mockups and prototypes, and ‘As installed’ drawings.
- Testing and commissioning.
- Supervise and protect all works related to the signage until handing over to the Employer.
- Corrections in graphics due to Spelling and Arrow direction errors as per site conditions.
- Maintenance for specified period.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed similar work(s), completion date (s) of which falling during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one “similar work” value of INR. 3.87 Crore or more, or
- At least Two “similar works” each value of INR. 2.42 Crore or more, or
- At least Three “similar works” each of value of INR. 1.94 Crore or more.
- Similar work for this contract shall be work involving Manufacturing and Supply (with or without installation) works of illuminated/reflective signages and graphics in infrastructure/ commercial projects like; Metro stations/ Airport/Stadium/Railway stations/Highways/ Petroleum Sector/ Banking Sector/commercial complexes etc.
- Undertaking: The bidder shall submit an undertaking for procurement of material along with a tender offer as per Appendix-26 of FOT. Offers without this undertaking are liable to be rejected.
Tender documents can only be obtained online on the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: UPMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): UPMRC