Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) Limited has floated open e-tenders for Design and construction of main line elevated viaducts from Agra Cantt. to Kalindi Vihar Metro Station and stations with other allied works for Corridor-1 & 2 of Agra Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: AGCC-07
- Name of Work: Design and Construction of Main Line Elevated Viaduct from Agra Cantt. Metro Station to Kalindi Vihar Metro Station [Chainage (-77m) to 15016m] including Viaduct Connection with Ramp (Chainage 0.00m to 2610m) from (nearby) Sadar Bazar Metro Station to existing Corridor-1 Depot at PAC ground & Corridor-2 Depot Entry/Exit lines Viaduct with Ramp (Chainage 0.00m to 530m) and 14 nos. of Elevated Stations i.e., Agra Cantt, Sadar Bazar, Pratap Pura, Collectorate, Agra College, Hariparvat Chauraha, Sanjay Place, M.G. Road, Sultanganj crossing, Kamla Nagar, Ram Bagh, Foundry Nagar, Agra Mandi & Kalindi Vihar metro stations including Civil, Associated Ancillary Structures, Architectural Finishes, Water Supply, Sanitary Installation, Drainage, External Development, Fire Fighting, Fire Detection, E&M works and PEB structures in Corridor-2 of Agra Metro at Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Approximate cost of Work: INR 15,29,29,00,000/-
- EMD: INR 30,58,00,000/-
- Completion Period: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 01st Dec, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 18th Jan, 2024
- Pre-bid Meeting: 19th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 10th Jan, 2024
- Bid Submission End Date: 18th Jan, 2024
- Bid Opening Date: 19th Jan, 2024
The objective of the contract is the design, construction completion, testing and commissioning of the permanent works by the Contractor (including without limitation, the design, construction and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent Works in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract. In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
The total length of Corridor-2 viaduct including Bridge across river Yamuna and Viaduct portions in Station but excluding Connecting Viaduct to Depot is 15093.00 Mtr (i.e., from chainage -77 mtr to 15016 mtr.), total length of 2610 Mtr. Viaduct Connection with Ramp (Chainage 0.00m to 2610m) from (nearby) Sadar Bazar Metro Station to existing Corridor-1 Depot at PAC ground & total length of 530 Mtr. Corridor-2 Depot Entry/Exit lines Viaduct with Ramp (Chainage 0.00m to 530m).
Scope of Works:
Viaduct & Viaduct in Station:
- Detailed survey of alignment for execution of work and optimising span configuration avoiding shifting of utilities as per contractor’s design subject to the obligatory requirements as shown in the GAD.
- Design & construction of Pile foundation, Pile cap, Pier, all types of Piers including Cantilever & Portals, Pedestals, Cross Arm, Extended Pier cap, Cantilever Pier cap, Table top Pier cap, Portal Beams and other structures.
- Construction of superstructure of standard U-Girder span (28m) and all other spans up to 28 m for straight and for curves more than 300m radius, standard Pier cap, Bearing (Elastomeric) & crash barrier as per tender drawing. The design of standard span U- Girder and all other spans up to 28 m for straight and for curves more than 300m radius, standard Pier Cap, bearing (Elastomeric), bearing pedestal & crash barrier for these spans shall be provided by UPMRC.
- Also, the reinforcement in the U-Girder, standard Pier Cap & bearing pedestal shown in tender drawing is the minimum reinforcement to be provided. However, in case the contractor assesses that the reinforcement has to be increased then the same shall be provided after approval of UPMRC without any extra cost.
- Design and construction of non-standard spans, Prestressed T-Girder spans, spans at crossover location and spans in sharper curvature, pier caps, etc wherever necessary or instructed by engineer except as detailed in para (iii).
- Design and construction of POT/PTFE bearings/ Spherical bearings/Elastomeric bearing/seismic restrainers etc. including vertical stoppers as per design requirement except as detailed in para (iii). The bearing installed should be properly numbered and Photographs of the same should be submitted to UPMRC whenever directed or required.
- Design and construction of parapets. The shape shall be as per tender drawings. Design and construction of structure to facilitate the train interchange facility on main line i.e., Corridor-II works and interconnecting viaduct to Depots, provisions of Scissors & Cross – Overs as per tender Drawings will be constructed. Civil works of such arrangement are a part of the Lump Sum scope of this contract.
Design, Construction and erection of special spans:
- Composite Steel Girder – 1 x 45 Mtr. – Near Rawli Railway crossing between Pratap – Pura & Collectorate metro Station as shown in GAD.
- Composite Steel Girder – 1 x 45 mtr. span – One near Jeet Singh Stadium (Defence Ground)
- Composite Steel Girder – 1 x 60 mtr. – Near St. John’s college (Rly. Crossing) as shown in GAD.
- Composite Steel Spans – Over NHAI Flyover on NH-19 between M.G. Road Metro station & Sultanganj Crossings Metro Station (Total Length- 37.875 mtrs. + 27 mtrs.)
- An alternative arrangement for type and span of structure for these special spans (between Agra Cantt. and Kalindi Vihar Metro Station) may be proposed by the contractor without any extra cost to Employer/Engineer.
- This includes all temporary works such as nosing arrangement, trussells, staging and any other related works. Design and scheme of work shall be approved by the Employer/Engineer prior to execution of work.
- Special Span – 34 Mtr. + 7 x 45 mtr. + 34 Mtr. – (383 Mtr. Yamuna River Bridge).
Apart from above special spans indicated in GAD, there may be a requirement of additional special spans (which may include I-Girder/T-Girder etc. of larger span) as per the site conditions /Employer or Civic requirement. Any such additional special spans shall be designed and constructed by the contractor without any extra cost to the Employer/Engineer.
Design, Construction & Erection of connecting line viaduct:
- Design and construction of Viaduct connection with Arch girder from Sadar Bazar Metro station to corridor-2 Depot at Mall Road along with all the necessary arrangement for interconnection of corridor -2 depot with Existing Corridor-1 depot at PAC ground as per tender drawing.
- Design and construction of Viaduct with ramp for interconnection of corridor – 2 depot with Existing Corridor-1 depot at PAC ground with Arch girder from corridor-2 Depot at Mall Road to chainage 2610 Mtr. (Inside existing corridor- 1 depot premises at PAC ground) & Corridor-2 Depot Entry/Exit lines Viaduct with Ramp (Chainage 0.00m to 530m) as per tender drawing.
- To facilitate the train interchange facility within the connecting viaduct, needful crossovers, turnout etc. will be constructed as per tender drawing. Civil works for such arrangements are part of the Lump Sum scope of this contract.
Detailed survey of stations for execution of work. Design and construction of all station building, all floors within station premises, Ground, Concourse, Platform, floor above platform, entry/exit structures, connecting corridor, connecting passage, ancillary building i.e. Underground & surface water tanks, Pump room & DG room, Lift shafts, escalator pits and all staircases as shown in tender drawings are covered in a Lump sum schedule. The cost of design and construction of requisite precast components such as π/T (pi/T shaped) girders, cross arms, I-girders, etc. including transportation and erection of the same for the station building is also included in the lump-sum price.
The contractor depending upon site requirements/constraints may propose a single pier or three piers type of station supporting scheme based on the merit of the case at no additional cost to the Employer and adhering with the time schedule. The employer/Engineer decision on change of scheme will be final.
The necessary provisions of load imposed in design of stations for connecting of proposed FOBs in stations as shown in the tender drawings and design & construction of brackets for supporting FOB. The cost of the same including brackets for supporting FOB is covered in the Lump sum schedule. The cost of design and construction of FOB (connecting corridor of Entry/Exit) is covered in Lump sum price. Load of Radio Mast shall also be considered in the design of Entry/Exit Structures as per tender drawing.
- Pile caps / Open Foundations resting at any depth depending upon the site condition shall include excavation, disposal of excavated earth, levelling course, PCC, dewatering, sheet piling/ soldier piling & wooden lagging, if required. Earth filling of pile cap area falling off the road to be done with proper compaction with good earth wherever required.
- For the area falling on the road, backfilling shall be done with sand only. The Demolition/Dismantling/Restoration of any structures as mentioned in para 2.1.A.(xxvii) of Employer’s Requirement (Functional) shall also be applicable for all stations, entry-exit and connecting corridor areas.
- Design & Construction of all structural works of stations including ground, concourse, platforms, additional floors, columns, beams, tie beams, plinth beams, slabs, staircases, parapets, canopies, RCC Screed slab, screed, Mullions, Stub columns, lintel beams, Band beams, Plinth beams, toe wall, gutters and other miscellaneous structures at all levels as per requirement. Design and construction of shaft from ground level to Concourse level for waste water /drainage pipes near toilet location.
- Design & Construction of Lift shafts and escalators pits and other fixtures in stations in coordination with respective system contractors including water proofing of lift pits and escalator pits as per specifications and as per tender drawing.
- Design, Providing & Fixing of insert plate & bolting arrangement for façade in the station building. Design, Providing & Fixing of bolts for PEB work in the station building including Entry/Exit.
- Providing and fixing inserts for fixing cable hanger brackets for laying of cables for electrical & signalling cables as per tender drawing as per the site requirement and as instructed by the Engineer-in-charge. The brackets for the cable hanger are not in the scope of the contractor.
- The locations provided in the tender drawings may vary as per the requirement of the system contractor. These shall be finalised and provided in co- ordination with the system contractors and the Engineer. The necessary coordination with system contractors and engineers shall form a part of the work.
- Providing cutouts, concealed pipes, earthing arrangement in foundation, Sub- structure & Superstructure, inserts, bolts, Sleeves & Flanges required for various services and systems as per co-ordinations with Employer and service providers and the other system contractors. All the inserts of the bracket shall be GI.
- SS Expansion joint as per tender drawing at track bed. Expansion joint in floors, walls etc as per the specification. Designing, Providing and fixing MS hoisting hooks for Lifts, Escalators, ASS rooms etc as per the requirement of designated contractor and removal of the same after the completion of work, if required.
- Underground/Surface water tank and pump house, D.G. room at each station and connection of Municipal water supply/Tube well outlet to the underground water tanks (Providing and fixing pipes will be paid separately as actual measurement in relevant schedule). Overhead terrace tank required for receiving the water supply from the Underground/Surface water tank shall be paid separately under the relevant schedule.
- Design of drainage arrangement of station, construction of manholes, sump and outlet sump including connection to existing Municipal drainage line as required. (Providing and fixing pipes will be paid separately as actual measurement in schedule B).
- Design and construction of storm water drainage system including drainage of the roof and railway tracks consisting of vertical rainwater pipes and open / underground drainage system.
- Bore wells 1 No. (capacity 5-6 cum/hour) with submersible pumps of required capacity, cables, starter and necessary connection in main panel at each station and connection with suitable dia. of G.I. Line from borewells to the underground water tanks as approved by the Engineer.
- Minimum depth of tubewell shall be 400 m. Contractor has to arrange one number of water connections at each station from concerned local authorities. UPMRCL will facilitate the contractor in this connection.
- The cost of the same is included in the Lump Sum price Schedule-A. Water proofing in the underground structures, water tanks, lift pit, escalator pit etc. with injection grouting & waterproofing plaster and finishing of water tanks with ceramic tiles. Providing and fixing of MS Manhole duly painted covers along with necessary locking arrangement in water tanks at all stations.
- Design & Construction of manholes, sumps, drain, buttle flanges, sleeves as required for automation-based water supply scheme in Ancillary Building for E&M works & finishing works. Earth filling with compaction with good earth wherever required. For the area falling on the road, backfilling shall be done with sand as per Outline Construction Specifications.
- Foundations for the system equipment (water supply pumps, fire fighting pumps, DG, Panels & AC Outdoor/ VRF units) in coordination with various service/ system contractors/ finishing contractors engaged by UPMRC.
- Design & Construction of ground water recharging /Rainwater harvesting systems two nos. at each station to cater all the stations as per guidelines of Central Ground Water Authority for rain water harvesting.
- The general arrangement of Rainwater harvesting system (minimum size) is shown in the Tender drawing, However, the size of RWH pit & depth of bore may increase as per the guidelines of Central Ground Water Authority, the design shall be submitted to UPMRC for approval before execution.
- Construction of Crash barriers as per tender drawing. Inserts / dowels for track plinth (Track plinth is not in the scope of this work) as per tender drawing. Earthing and stray current control arrangement for station & ancillary building as per requirement of system contractor. Earthing work such as earth mat, etc not embedded in concrete shall be paid under E&M schedule.
- Provision for cutouts in the stations required for services in coordination with various system contractors & finishing contractors. Provision of structural steel arrangement below U-girders as per drawing no. KNPAGDDC-01-TDR-TYP-STR-CRS-15010_R0
- For stations located over road, a temporary arrangement is to be made for providing a working platform at suitable height so that traffic runs below it unhindered and safety of road users is ensured. This arrangement shall be maintained till completion of work.
- The working platform has to be covered with suitable material so that nothing falls on the road. A detailed scheme is to be submitted for approval before start of work. Design & Construction of temporary structures/ construction methodology and getting it approved from a third party.
The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar work(s) as a prime contractor/ member of JV, completion date (s) of which falling during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission end date as given below (Value shall be rounded off to two decimal places):
- At least one “similar work” of value of INR 1223.43 Crore or more, or
- At least Two “similar works” each of value of INR 764.65 Crore or more, or
- At least Three “similar works” each of value of INR 611.72 Crore or more.
Similar Work/s for this tender shall be “Construction of Viaduct (which may include station along with viaduct /Bridge /Flyover (excluding approaches & embankments) having a pre/post-stressed concrete superstructure.
Substantial completion shall be based on 80 (eighty) percent (value wise) or more works completed under the contract of the work. Client Certificate for ‘substantial completion’ of project/work/asset should contain ‘financial value of work done’ along with financial percentage progress wrt original/revised contract value.
Tenderer (or at least one member in case of JV/Consortium) should have carried out at least one “Similar work” of value Rs. 611.72 Crore or more in India or in a country outside their own country.
For a Joint Venture / Consortium, each of its substantial partners (i.e. having at least 26% participation in JV/Consortium) must have experience of executing at least one Similar work of minimum 40% of NIT value in last 07 years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission end date.
For a Joint Venture / Consortium, each of its non- substantial partners (i.e. having at least 20% participation in JV/Consortium) must have experience of executing at least one Civil work of minimum 20% of NIT value in last 07 years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission end date.
Tenderer should have minimum experience of having constructed a total of minimum 8 km length of Metro Viaduct/bridge/fly over (excluding approach embankment) having pre/post-stressed concrete superstructure, with or without elevated metro station (which may/may not include finishing work and E&M works).
Tender documents can only be obtained online on the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: UPMRCL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): UPMRC
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.