Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) Limited has officially initiated the tender process by floating open e-tenders for the “Marking of stations of Curve/Turnouts and AT welds” from CCS Airport to Munshipulia Metro Station, including Transport Nagar Metro Depot of UPMRC at Lucknow.
Brief about Tender Submission:
Name of the Work: Marking of stations of Curve/Turnouts and AT welds from CCS Airport to Munshipulia Metro Station and Transport Nagar Metro Depot of UPMRC at Lucknow.
The Tender Number is (LKSM-01) for the above work. The Estimated Cost is INR 20,86,100/- whereas the EMD amount is INR 49,232/- and the Contract Period for the same is 12 Months.
Prospective bidders can download the tender document starting from 03rd January, 2024 whereas the submissions are open from 23rd January, 2024 and the last date for the submission is 30th January, 2024. The Pre-bid Meeting is scheduled to be held on 16th January, 2024 whereas the tender will open on 31st January, 2024.
Scope of Works:
- All work will be done as per the method of DSR -2021 for any DSR Item. Marking of stations of curves/ Turnout and AT Welds to be carried out as and where required in the Mainline / Yard section.
- The work involves surface preparation by proper cleaning of surface from all dirt, scales, oil, grease and other foreign material and marking station base with adequate nos. of coat to give uniform finish with Yellow paint of approved brand and lettering as required over these station bases with black paint.
- The work shall be carried out with contractors own men and material and as per the direction of Engineer in-Charge.
The Tenderer is advised to visit and examine the Site of Works and its surroundings and obtain for himself on his own responsibility all information that may be necessary for preparing the Tender and entering into a contract for the proposed work. The cost of visiting the Site shall be borne by the Tenderer. It shall be deemed that the Contractor has undertaken a visit to the Site of Works and is aware of the site conditions prior to the submission of the tender documents.
The Tenderer and any of his personnel will be granted permission by the Employer to enter upon his premises and lands for the purpose of such inspection, but only upon the express condition that the Tenderer, and his personnel, will release and indemnify the Employer and his personnel from and against all liability in respect thereof and will be responsible for death or personal injury, loss of or damage to property and any other loss, damage, costs and expenses incurred as a result of the inspection.
The Tenderer shall note General Conditions of Contract (GCC) Sub – Clause 4.9 in which it is deemed that the Tenderer has taken into account all the factors that may affect his Tender in preparing his offer.
- The Employer shall provide the Site/area of works and shall pay the Contractor in accordance with the Contract.
- The Employer shall grant the Contractor right of access to, and / or possession of, the Site progressively for the completion of Works.
- Such right and possession may not be exclusive to the Contractor.
- The Contractor will draw/modify the schedule for completion of Works according to progressive possession/right of such sites.
- If the Contractor suffers delay from failure on the part of the Employer to grant right of access to, or possession of the Site, the Contractor shall give notice to the Engineer in a period of 28 days of such occurrence.
- After receipt of such notice the Engineer shall proceed to determine any extension of time to which the Contractor is entitled and shall notify the Contractor accordingly.
- For any such delay in handing over of site, Contractors will be entitled to only reasonable extension of time and no monetary claims whatsoever shall be paid or entertained on this account.
- It shall be Contractor’s exclusive responsibility to get approvals, permits or license required for the Contract.
- However, the Employer shall (where he is in a position to do so) provide reasonable assistance to Contractor at the request and cost of the Contractor in getting Permits, License or Approvals required during the Contract.
- The rendering of such assistance by the Employer shall not be interpreted as a pretext by the Contractor as condoning of any delay or non-performance of any of the Contractors obligations.
- The following-up of all such applications shall be the responsibility of the Contractor.
- Neither Party shall assign the whole or any part of the Contract or any benefit or interest in or under the Contract.
- However, either Party may assign the whole or any part with the prior agreement of the other Party, at the sole discretion of such other Party.
The Employer shall notify the Contractor in writing of the appointment and identity of the Engineer and of any replacement from time to time. The Engineer shall carry out the duties specified in the Contract. The Engineer shall have no authority to amend the Contract
The Engineer may exercise the authority specified in, or necessarily to be implied from the Contract. If the Engineer is required to obtain the specific approval of the Employer before exercising such authority, such requirements shall be as stated in Special Conditions of Contract. Any requisite approval shall be deemed to have been given by the Employer for any such authority exercised by the Engineer.
The Engineer shall have no authority to relieve the Contractor of any of his duties, obligations, or responsibilities under the Contract. Any proposal, inspection, examination, testing, consent, approval or similar act by the Engineer (including absence of disapproval) shall not relieve the Contractor from any responsibility, including responsibility for his errors, omissions, discrepancies, and non-compliance with Sub-Clause 5.4.
The Engineer shall copy to the Employer all communications given or received by him in accordance with the Contract. The Contractor shall comply with instructions given by the Engineer in accordance with the Contract.
The Contractor shall give reasonable notice to the Engineer of any instruction, which he considers necessary for the execution of the Works, to enable the Engineer to issue the instruction so that progress of the Works is not delayed. The Engineer shall not, however, be bound to issue any instruction which, in his opinion, is unnecessary.
No act or omission by the Engineer or the assistants to the Engineer in the performance of any of the Engineer’s duties or the exercise of any of the Engineer’s powers under the Contract shall, in any way, operate to relieve the Contractor of any of the duties, responsibilities, obligations or liabilities imposed upon the Contractor by any of the provisions of the Contract.
The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed work(s), completion date(s) of which falling during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission end date as given below:
- At least One “similar work” of value of Rs. 19.70 Lacs or more, or
- Two “similar work” each of value of Rs. 12.31 Lacs or more, or
- Three “similar work” each of value of Rs. 9.85 Lacs or more.
Similar work for this contract shall be Laying/Maintenance work of Rail Track.
UPMRCL’s initiation of this tender marks a significant step in enhancing the visual and functional aspects of Lucknow Metro’s route, further solidifying its commitment to infrastructure development and efficiency in public transportation. Prospective bidders are encouraged to engage actively in the tender process, contributing to the continued progress of the metro network.
Tender documents can only be obtained online on the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: UPMRCL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): UPMRC
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.