In a boost to enhance rail & road users safety, Western Railway has planned to construct a 4 lane Road Over Bridge (ROB) in lieu of Level Crossing (LC) No. 24, which is located at Udhna – Ukai Songhad section over Mumbai Central Division of Western Railway.
According to a press release issued by Shri Sumit Thakur – Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, Indian Railways have taken the work of elimination of Level Crossings by providing ROBs/ Limited Height Subways, etc. as a safety measure.
The work for elimination of Level Crossings:
- The construction of the new ROB in lieu of Level Crossing No. 24 will lead to the closure of the LC and will ensure the safety of those travelling by both road and rail.
- The proposed new Road Over Bridge (ROBs) will be constructed at a cost of Rs. 109 crore on cost sharing basis along with State Govt. of Gujarat.
- The ROB will not only enhance the safety of passengers but will also provide smooth and hassle-free movement of road traffic.
- It will also ensure speedy and punctual movement of rail traffic.
- The ROB will provide an impetus to road connectivity and will be of great boon to the people of nearby areas.
Source: Western Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Central Railway