Share with your network
- In continuation to this, a new Skywalk has been commissioned at Andheri station, for the convenience of passengers.
- According to a press release issued by Shri Sumit Thakur – Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, the new Skywalk at Andheri is 6 metre wide & 98 metre long & has been commissioned on 1st August, 2022.
- It connects the new South FOB to the old South FOB. This Skywalk will help in decongesting the crowd over old South FOB for movement from west side to east side & vice-versa by providing an additional walkway. The total cost of the Skywalk is approx. 4.50 Crores.
- With this, a total eight FOBs & Skywalks have been commissioned in the Mumbai suburban section of Western Railway in the financial year 2022 – 23, taking the total to 141.
- Further, five more FOBs at Dadar, Khar, Naigaon, Vasai Road & Nalasopara stations are targeted to be completed by the end of this financial year.
- Western Railway urges its valued customers to care for their precious life and not to trespass railway tracks. Always use FOB, Subway, Escalators & Lifts to crossover and change platforms.
Source: Western Railway -Press Release