Odisha has been allocated Rs 4,373 crore for different railway projects in the Union budget for the 2020-21 fiscal, an official said. In the previous financial year Odisha was allocated Rs 4,593 crore. The total outlay for East Coast Railway Zone including Odisha is Rs 5,865 crore in 2020-21 fiscal, the official said.
- This time, the Centre has sanctioned a new project the 241 km long Sambalpur-Gopalpur new line via Phulbani.
- The project has been sanctioned at a cost of Rs 2,957 crore subject to final approval of the Niti Aayog.
- The official claimed that all major projects in the state have got a significant increase in allotment.
- The official said,”Allotment has been made on the basis of need of each project and requirement at the site. So there has been an enhancement in case of all projects. Each project has been reviewed and amount allotted accordingly.”
- “There is a significant increase in allotment towards doubling projects especially, Sambalpur-Talcher, Sambalpur-Titlagarh, Titlagarh-Rayagada and Titlagarh-Raipur,” the official said.
- The electrification of Khurda Road-Bolangir line and Lanjigarh Road-Junagarh Road line has been given priority.
Allocations for projects:
- The Khurda Road-Balangir line has been given Rs 520 crores against Rs 350 crore last year.
- Angul- Sukinda project has got Rs 450 crore against Rs 250 crore last year.
- As Haridaspur-Paradeep project will be commissioned this year by March, only Rs 100 crore has been allotted in 2020-21 budget, this project was allotted Rs 400 crore last year.
- Wagon Repair Workshop at Maneswar near Sambalpur has been given Rs 20 crore.
- To enhance safety and to eliminate level crossings, constructing Road Over Bridge (ROBs) and Road Under Bridges (RUBs) have been given top priority and Rs 1,165 crore have been sanctioned.