Metro Railway Kolkata has been constantly upgrading passenger amenities in Metro premises even during the lockdown and New Normal “Situation”. A new escalator has been commissioned on 14.10.2020 at Kalighat Metro Station by replacing the old one from platform to mezzanine at Dum Dum end.
With smooth co-operation of civil and electrical departments, this escalator has been commissioned. Metro commuters will get the benefits from this very essential passenger amenity.
Last train timings pushed back further:
- With each passing day, the passenger count of Kolkata Metro is going up further.
- In order to cope up with this rush of passengers, it has been decided that w.e.f. 19.10.2020 (Monday), 152 daily services will be run at an interval of 8 minutes in the morning and evening peak hours instead of 146 services running presently.
- These services will be run from Monday to Saturday.
- The last service will be pushed back by half an hour.
- In other words, the last Metro will now leave from both ends i.e. Dum Dum and Kavi Subhash at 21.00 hrs instead of 20.30 hrs and from Noapara at 20.55 hrs from Monday to Saturday instead of 20.25 hrs.
- From 14.10.2020., senior citizens are able to travel in Metro throughout the day using their ID cards.
- The earlier travel restriction of 11.30 hrs to 16.30 hrs will no longer be applicable and e-passes will not be required.
- In view of the increased train services during the peak hours, it has been decided to extend this facility to them.
Source: Metro Railway, Kolkata-Press Release