Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) on Monday achieved the 31st breakthrough of the 1.5-km long tunnel from Sahar to CSIA T1 station. Terratec-made Dual mode hard rock Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) Tapi-1 completed the downline stretch in 449 days using 1080 rings.
“CSIA T1 is one of the most significant stations on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor which is expected to witness heavy footfall of about one lakh commuters. These stations will provide direct connectivity to Domestic and International Airports and help reduce traffic snarls in the city”, said Mr. Ranjit Singh Deol, Managing Director, MMRC.
- The overall progress of CSIA T1 station is 55%.
- Package-6, which consists of CSIA T1, T2 and Sahar Road stations, showcases overall 85% tunnelling.
- The total tunnelling of the project completed is 87% and civil work is 60%.
- There are few more breakthroughs to be achieved on the project in coming months as 7 TBMs are on work in different areas.
The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has completed the construction of station box of Vidhan Bhawan station (Package-1) on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor. The construction includes all four slabs–base slab, concourse slab, mezzanine slab and roof slab.The first of the stations that completed such construction was MIDC station (Package-7).
- Vidhan Bhawan station is being constructed by employing the Cut-and-Cover method.
- It will have seven Entry-Exit points.
- The station is expected to see footfalls of more than 75,000 up-and-down commuters.
- The overall progress of Vidhan Bhawan station is 75.45%.
- The construction work of other stations of Package-1 including Hutatma Chowk, Churchgate and Cuffe Parade is also in full swing.
Source: MMRC-Press Release