Central Railway has transported cars, tractors, pickup vans, jeeps etc in 145 rakes in this financial year i.e from April – November 2020 to various cities in India and also exported by rail to Bangladesh. Central Railway’s Bhusaval division has transported automobiles in 80 rakes, from Pune Division 53 rakes, Nagpur Division 9 rakes and from Mumbai Division 3 Rakes in this financial year upto 19th November 2020.
- Shri Sanjeev Mittal, General Manager lauded the efforts of Business Development Unit of the Central Railway Headquarter & Divisions for their consistent efforts in getting this business of transporting automobiles in 145 rakes in less than 8 months of this financial year 2020-21 as against 118 rakes in the whole of last financial year 2019-20.
- From April – November 2020 this financial year, as a landmark move, for the first time from Mumbai Division a rake of 23 NMG wagons loaded with 87 pickup vans were transported from Kalamboli to Benapole, Bangladesh followed by a second rake loaded with 83 pickup vans of Mahindra & Mahindra to Benapole, Bangladesh in 25 NMG wagons on 20th November 2020.
- Tractors were loaded from the newly opened Ajni Good Shed to Phillaur, Firozpur on 31.08.20.
- As an export of Automobiles to Bangladesh, first rake of tractors were loaded from Ajni Good Shed to Benapole, Bangladesh on 13.10.20.
- One rake of Automobile (NMG) was loaded from Chinchwad Goods shed to Ernakulam after 09 years (last rake was loaded in the year 2011).
- A landmark breakthrough was achieved when for the first time ever over Central Railway a rake of 25 NMG containing 75 Pickup vans was loaded by Transport Corporation of India (TCOI) from Chinchwad to Benapole, Bangladesh.
- Bhusaval Division has so far loaded 80 rakes in the current financial year. Domestic rail transport services have become quite popular.
- M/S Mahindra Logistics Limited Nashik has dispatched to new locations viz. Kalaikonda, Chitpur, Raxaul.
- The impetus in the automobile loading was achieved due to various freight friendly measures taken by Indian Railways and its intensive marketing efforts by the Business Development Units (BDU) formed at all five divisions of Central Railway.
- The active role of BDUs is enabling Railways to focus on new thrust areas including close monitoring of turnaround time of the NMG rakes to transport the goods faster and be available for the next loading thereby attracting new opportunities.
- Soon, automobiles (Mahindra & Mahindra) Jeeps & tractors will be loaded from Kalamboli (KLMG) to Bangladesh in NMG rakes.
- Central Railway also planned to increase NMG loading from Butibori, launch automobile loading from Baramati and develop Loni for loading /unloading of automobile traffic.
- Central Railway extends automobile companies, logistic firms & loaders of all possible help and is committed to address all their concerns and issues on priority.
Central Railway’s Bhiwandi Road station has turned out to be a unique gift to manufacturers, traders and consumers this festive season. It has dispatched 4175 tonnes of parcel in 2,55,892 packages in a span of 2 months since its opening for goods and parcels. This initiative has met with a tremendous response.
- On its first dispatch 86.85 tonnes of parcel in 3,876 packages were loaded.
- From 10.9.2020 till 15.11.2020, 21 parcel trains have been sent from Bhiwandi Road station to Shalimar, Azara, Danapur and Patna, which have carried 4,175 tonnes of parcel in 2,55,892 packages.
- During this period the highest loading recorded was to Azara, Guwahati on 30.10.2020 with 457 tonnes of parcel in 25,749 packages & on 25.10.2020 with 435 tonnes of parcel in 25,344 packages.
- The loading at Bhiwandi Road station has shown a steady increase with every service.
- There has been a loading of 1,465 tonnes in 90,805 packages in the month of September-2020; 2,102 tonnes in 1,33,980 packages in the month of October-2020 and 607 tonnes in 31,107 packages in the month of November-2020 till date.
- Goods like furniture, refrigerators, electronic items, food products, medicines and cosmetics of popular brands like Godrej, onida, LG, Bajaj, Parle-G, Hindustan Lever, Del-Monte etc. have been dispatched till date from Bhiwandi Road station.
- Bhiwandi Road railway station on Mumbai Division lies on the Vasai-Diva-Panvel route of Central Railway.
- It is the connecting point of the North-South railway traffic and also connects the JNPT port with Railways.
- Bhiwandi is an industrial town and a textile and warehousing hub.
- Many e-commerce companies like Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance, Snapdeal, and FedEx have branches in the town.
- Bhiwandi Road station has multiple advantages like proximity to Mumbai and Thane city, adequate parking space for trucks and tempos, etc.
- This encouraging response has not only boosted railway revenue but has also helped generate job opportunities for local people.
- Truly it has proved to be no less than a festival gift from Railways to Manufacturers, Traders, Consumers and others.
Source: Central Railway-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR