Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has teamed up with Rapido, India’s leading bike taxi platform, to launch the Women Bike Taxi Captain’s Base, aimed at providing safe and reliable last-mile connectivity to CMRL passengers, especially women.
- This pioneering initiative in Tamil Nadu will see the launch of the first-ever women-driven bike taxi service, with women captains exclusively available for CMRL passengers.
- This is part of CMRL’s ongoing efforts to promote sustainable transportation options and enhance customer experience.
- Shri Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems and Operations) of CMRL launching the event with 50 exclusive Women Bike Taxi Captain’s Base will take place at Nandanam Metro station. Shri S. Satheesh Prabhu, AGM (RSO), Rapido officials, Senior Officials and Staff of CMRL were present during the occasion.
- This initiative is the first of its kind in Tamil Nadu and part of CMRL’s continued efforts to empower women and provide safe and secure last-mile connectivity to our Passengers.
- This initiative will create employment opportunities while providing a reliable transportation option for Metro riders, particularly women.
- Initially, these 50 no’s of Women Bike Taxi Captain’s Base will be Exclusively available at several Metro stations across Chennai, namely Thousand Lights, Teynampet, Egmore, Saidapet, Government Estate and will be extended to all Metro stations based on demand.
- CMRL passengers can look forward to a convenient and safe last-mile connectivity option, which is a significant step towards promoting sustainable transportation and enhancing the overall travel experience for CMRL passengers, especially women.
Source: Chennai Metro- Press Release | Image Credit: Chennai Metro