In continuation to the tender for providing First & Last Mile Connectivity for Phase 1 and Phase 1 extension stations, the Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has now invited online tenders for Package C5-ECV-03: “Construction of Elevated Viaduct of Approximately 11.61 km length from Ch: 33710 m to 45320 m between Puzhuthivakkam Metro Station (excluding) and beyond Elcot Metro station including Construction of 11 Nos(Eleven Numbers) of Elevated Stations at Madipakkam, Kilkattalai, Echangadu, Kovilambakkam, Vellakkal, Medavakkam Koot Road, Kamaraj Garden Street, Medavakkam Junction, Perumbakkam, Global Hospital and Elcot and all associated works in Corridor-5 of Chennai Metro Rail Project- Phase-2”.
The duration of the contract (completion period of work) is 36 months.
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 15-Dec-2020 11:00 AM
- Bid Submission Start Date: 05-Feb-2021 06:00 PM
- Bid Submission End Date: 11-Feb-2021 03:00 PM
- Bid Opening Date: 12-Feb-2021 03:00 PM
The Government of India has applied for financing from the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) toward the cost of construction of Chennai Metro Rail Limited Corridor 5, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of Elevated Viaduct of Approximately 11.61 km length from Ch: 33710 m to 45320 m between Puzhuthivakkam Metro Station (excluding) and beyond Elcot Metro station including Construction of 11 Nos of Elevated Stations and all associated works in Corridor-5 of Chennai Metro Rail Project- Phase-2 (herein after called as “Package C5ECV-03”).
Scope of works:
The Permanent and Temporary works shall comprise the Construction of all Civil Works, Architectural works and Signages, Plumbing & Drainage works and Temporary services necessary to complete the Elevated viaduct section and Stations complete all as per the Employer’s Drawings and the Works Requirements. The Elevated Viaduct starts from the pier after Puzhuthivakkam station to beyond Elcot station.
The Permanent and Temporary works shall comprise the Construction of all Civil Works and Temporary services including, but not limited to, the following.
- Survey including Topographic Survey, Utilities Investigation and diversion, Traffic diversion in addition to the information given in these tender documents; and
- Site clearance, including tree felling, fencing, barricading and securing of the site areas and works areas to the satisfaction of the Engineer.
- The demolition or slicing (wherever required) of existing buildings and other structures which may or may not be explicitly shown in the Employer’s Drawings; the exact shape, size numbers and locations to be confirmed by the Contractor. The slicing shall be carried out in such a manner that the remainder of the building after slicing is structurally stable; after slicing the remaining part of building shall be strengthened and separate access staircase shall be provided to the occupants in all floors if required; and
- Strengthening of buildings, after slicing to ensure structural integrity and safety of the buildings.
- Setting up of casting yard at suitable location as per the requirement of project.
- Diagonal Cross trenching shall be carried for identifying underground utility at every pier location.
- Pile foundation with hydraulic rotary piling rigs.
- Conducting NDT Test, and load tests on piles
- Pile cap including PCC works
- Pier as per the shape and finishes mentioned in the documents.
- Cantilever piers, portal piers and portal beam at locations shown in the GAD
- Pier caps on piers, pre-casting, transport, lifting, fixing & prestressing on the piers. Pier caps cast in-situ, RCC and PSC
- Elastomeric/POT-PTFE/Spherical bearings including bearing pedestals and metal wedges.
- Precasting, Prestressing, Transport and Launching U-Girder or I-Girders.
- Casting, transportation and launching of Special spans.
- Conducting load tests on Girders/Erected Spans
- Inserts for track plinth with HYSD reinforcement (Track plinth is not in the scope of this contract)
- Construction of Station structure including columns, plinth beams, precast and cast in-situ slabs, staircases, roof structure parapets, canopies, gutters, facades and, RCC water tanks (Underground), entry and exit structures and other structures at all levels.
- Lift shafts, escalator pits including water proofing with proper drainage arrangements.
- Earthing arrangement, Drainage system, Expansion Joints, inserts for OHE/Signaling masts in parapets, stations, and U-Girders.
- Architectural works at stations including finishes to Civil works structures at each station for passengers, operating staff and equipment housing (such as screeding, blockwork, doors/fire doors, floor and wall finishes including handrails & balustrades etc.,) and Signages.
- The Contractor shall obtain Platinum Level certification for the project under IGBC Green Mass Rapid Transit System Rating. This rating system is a tool to enable new rail based MRTS to apply green concepts during design and construction, so as to further reduce environmental impacts that are measurable. The overarching objective of IGBC Green MRTS Rating is to ensure environmental sustainability, while enhancing commuter experience. The Contractor’s shall obtain the certification by meeting all the mandatory requirements of construction. Payment of the registration fees and thebcertification fee to IGBC shall be made by the contractor and CMRL shallbreimburse the same.
The tender document in English will be available online on CPP portal on 13.11.2020, 18:00 hrs in the e-procurement website (https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app) till 11-02-2021, 15:00 hr.
Source: CMRL-Tender | Image Credit: CMRL