In continuation to the tender for supply of Track in Mukundpur Depot for Phase-4, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has now invited Expressions of Interest (EOI) for establishment of National Metro Rail Knowledge Centre (NMRKC) near Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station.
- Tender Reference Number: EOI/DMRC/NMRKC
- Expected expenditure: INR 46.36 Crore
- Expected Completion period: 15 Months
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 13-Apr-2021
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 06-Apr-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 05-May-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 28-Apr-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 05-May-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 06-May-2021
About the project:
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Limited invites proposals from interested applicants for establishment of National Metro Rail Knowledge Centre (NMRKC) near Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station.
- This centre will showcase the growth and development of Metro railway in India and will act as a hub of knowledge about Metro technology.
- The centre will exhibit materials and displays chronicling the evolution of the Metro rail in India and will also have provisions for audio visual screening of films and documentaries, research work with the help of books and other archival publications about the Metro.
- Such a centre will not only help in communicating to the public, the immense challenges involved in constructing and operating the Metro, but will also help in archiving important landmarks regarding Metro construction in India.
As per this EOI, the private parties, corporate houses, NGOs, PSUs, and trusts, etc., are requested to come forward and associate with DMRC in the establishment of NMRKC.
Specifications of Work:
- The NMRKC building shall be constructed at a plot identified near Vishwavidyalaya Metro station in north Delhi. The building shall have 2 Basements + Ground + 2 Floors + Terrace -1 & 2 and construction will be done as per specifications approved by DMRC.
- Total Plot Area 1 & 2: 5,800 square meters (approx.)
- Total Floor Area available for commercial purpose: 7,680 square meters (approx.)
- Floors: 2 Basement + Ground Floor + 2 Floors + Terrace-1 + Terrace -2
- Location: Near Vishwavidyalaya Metro station
- The concessionaire will construct the NMRKC building and handover it to DMRC for the operation of the Knowledge centre.
- The construction will be done as per the design and specifications approved by DMRC and the concessionaire shall have no authority to make any changes in the civil, electrical or other structural specifications.
EOI document can only be obtained online after registration of applicant on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Other Recent Initiatives by DMRC:
Conversion of 6-coach trains into 8- coach trains:-
The Delhi Metro is undertaking conversion of its remaining fleet of 6-coach trains into 8- coach trains by adding 120 additional coaches on the Red (Line-1 i.e. Rithala to Shaheed Sthal New Bus Adda), Yellow (Line-2 i.e. HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli) and Blue Line (Line-3/4 i.e. Dwarka Sec-21 to Noida Electronic City/Vaishali) of the Delhi Metro network.
- The conversion is expected to be completed by the end of this year after which all the trains running on these Lines will be 8-coaches only.
- By the end of this month, the process of converting all twelve 6-coach trains on Yellow Line into 8-coaches will be completed thereby taking the total number of 8-coach trains on this line to 64.
- Subsequently, remaining nine 6-coach trains on Blue Line and thirty nine 6-coach trains on Red Line will be converted into 8-coach trains by the end of this year taking the total number of 8-coach trains on these lines to 74 and 39 respectively.
- Out of these 120 coaches, 40 coaches have been procured from M/s Bombardier and 80 coaches from Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML).
- This activity is being carried out to increase the carrying capacity of the three main corridors of the Delhi Metro i.e. Red (Line-1), Blue (Line-3/4) and Yellow (Line-2) Lines which contribute to almost 40-50 % of passenger utilization every day.
- It is noteworthy to mention that these Lines which were initially made operational under Phase-I were built on Broad Gauge having provision of running trains up to 8-coach formation.
- Rest of the Lines from No. 5 to 9 and Airport Express Line which were subsequently taken up in Phase-II and Phase-III are all built on Standard Gauge having provision of running trains up to 6-coach formation only.
- The Delhi Metro currently has a fleet of 336 trains sets comprising 181 six coach trains, 133 eight coach trains and 22 four coach trains across all its corridors.
Amazon Pay facility for recharging Smart Cards:
Meanwhile, in order to provide more convenience to its commuters, the Delhi Metro in association with Amazon Pay, on 31st March, 2021 introduced the facility of recharging the Delhi Metro Smart Cards through Amazon Pay.
- The facility was jointly introduced by DMRC’s Managing Director Dr. Mangu Singh and Mr. Mahendra Nerurkar, CEO, Amazon Pay through video conferencing in the presence of other senior officials.
- To avail this facility, customers can open the Amazon shopping app and click on the ‘Metro Recharge’ option under Amazon Pay tab.
- After entering their Metro Smart card number, they can choose any amount between INR 100 to INR 2000 to recharge their metro card.
- After successful payment, they need to tap the card at the automatic vending machine (AVM) at any Delhi Metro station and select “Top-UP” to add the balance to their card.
- DMRC in the recent past has already launched various other initiatives to facilitate easy top up of Smart cards/sale of tokens to avoid queues and save time at stations.
- This includes the option of Smart Card top-up through TVMs, launch of Metro Combo Cards with banks, Credit/Debit Card transaction facility at stations, netbanking using dmrcsmartcard.com, other UPI and e-wallets.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit: DMRC