The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has invited a request for proposal (RFP) for Property Development at Anand Vihar Metro Station (Line-4).
- Tender Reference Number: CPD-87
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 04-May-2021
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 20-Apr-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date:20-May-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 12-May-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 20-May-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 21-May-2021
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), a joint venture of the Government of India (GOI) and the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) implementing the Delhi Metro Rail Projects, has been mandated by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) (formerly known as Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD)) to undertake value capture from property development initiatives for sustainable revenue generation for the DMRC vide its Policy Circular No K-14011/8/2000-MRTS (Pt.) dt 30.3.2009.
- Through this RFP Document, DMRC intends to select a “lessee” for undertaking, property development on „Lease basis‟ at Anand Vihar Metro Station of line-4 of Delhi Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) (hereinafter referred to as “Project Site”). This Leasing has been envisaged to generate up- front and recurring revenues to DMRC to supplement its non fare-box collections in the operation phase.
- The Project Site is situated at the Anand Vihar metro station of Line-4 (Blue line). The Anand Vihar Metro Station is an interchange station between the Blue Line and the Pink Line of the Delhi Metro network. Further, another station of Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS) of Delhi Meerut corridor will be coming up adjacent to this metro station. The station also lies in proximity of Anand Vihar Railway station, Anand Vihar Inter State Bus Terminal & shopping centres i.e. EDM mall & Pacific Mall. DMRC has planned property development at Anand Vihar MRTS station along with operating facilities for commuters.
- The space on Ground Floor, First floor and Concourse Floor is proposed to be leased out for specified purposes as detailed in this document. The space available in the basement is proposed to be utilized for parking purposes after construction of vehicle access ramp. Presently there is no vehicular access ramp to basement and the construction of the same is in the scope of lessee at no any cost to DMRC. DMRC has undertaken the feasibility study of providing the vehicular access ramp to the already constructed basement. The reference drawing is provided with this document.
- The selected bidder has to do detailed design and construct the ramp as per the reference drawing and construction methodology, quality and specifications approved by DMRC.The Project site has an excellent opportunity to become an important commercial hub within this locality. With separate access being available for the commercial areas and parking space, prominent and spacious frontage, and a captive commuter base, this area will present unique opportunities for retailers.
Scope of Work:
- The Lessee shall, at its sole expense and risk, carry out the financing, construction, procurement, management, operations and maintenance of the Leased Area in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
- Activities allowed in the leased premise shall be governed by the extent provisions of Master Plan of Delhi or any activities permitted by the local authority under the administrative jurisdiction. Indicative nature of the activities and facilities that are allowed at the Leased Space(s) are as under:
- Shopping complex / shopping mall / shopping plaza
- Departmental Store, Discount Store, Hypermarket
- Restaurants, Fast Food Stalls, Kiosks, food court, hotel
- Offices, Banks, lounge.
- Educational Institutes, coaching centre
- Computer Training Centres, IT centers
- Showrooms for Consumer goods like Garments, Electronics / electrical Items, general utilities, automobiles etc.
- The Lessee may use or allow the use of the Leased Area for other activities which are not envisaged in Clause 4.3.2 above, only after taking prior written approval of DMRC.
- The Lessee shall carry out the designing and development of the Leased Area in strict compliance with all applicable laws, in particular, applicable building codes and standards and good industry practice, which shall not in any manner endanger the commuters or the Project Site. Further, it is agreed and understood by the Lessee that proprietary interest on all development carried out by the Lessee on the Leased Space(s) shall vest with the Lesser and the Lessee relinquishes all its rights in such development in favor of the Lesser. The guidelines for Fit-out Activities will be provided by DMRC and shall be followed strictly by the Lessee.
- Subject to terms of this Agreement and approval of the DMRC, the Lessee shall be free to design the layout plan and undertake the subdivision and partitioning works, interior design works along with utilities like power supply, water supply, toilets, drainage, HVAC, fire fighting, and telecommunications. Provided that, (a) the Lessee, the Sub-Lessee(s) and their representatives, agents and other persons undertaking works shall duly adhere to the provisions of all Applicable Laws including and in particular the prevalent building bye-laws of the place where the Leased Space(s) is located and specified guidelines /requirements of other competent authorities; (b) the facilities and works being undertaken or installed shall not in any manner affect, hinder or interfere with the free movement of the passengers, DMRC’s staff agents and representatives and visitors; (c) the width of passage and common area for movement of persons in the Leased Area shall be kept as per prevalent building bye-laws; (d) no material shall be stored or kept outside the Leased Space(s) or in the common area meant for movement of persons; (e) no surplus construction machinery and materials, including hazardous materials and wastes shall be left at any place in the Leased Space(s) or the station; and (f) the guidelines for Fit-out Activities shall be strictly followed.
- Before applying to any other competent authority for sanction of the scheme/Leased Space(s) layout, the Lessee is required to primarily obtain DMRC’s written approval on its proposed drawings and specifications with due consideration of accessibility for maintenance of existing utilities i.e. water supply, power supply, fire fighting, telecommunication, bearing etc. to ensure that the proposed developments do not conflict with the DMRC’s activities and functional requirements, structural aspects, utilities and all traffic movement requirements. It is agreed that DMRC shall not unreasonably interfere with the internal layout of the complex proposed by the Lessee. DMRC shall convey its decision within a maximum period of 30(thirty) days after scrutinizing the submission. Delay by DMRC in communicating such decision beyond the 30 days period, shall not be construed as an approval. In case DMRC is not satisfied and raises any objections, the Lessee shall be required to appropriately amend/modify his scheme / Leased Space(s) layout within a reasonable time frame and seek DMRC’s approval on the same. The Lessee shall approach any other competent authority for sanction of the design etc. only after receiving the written approval of DMRC. The Lessee shall use only standard materials including but not restricted to electrical materials as per standards prevalent in DMRC. In this connection the Lessee is required to get approval of all material from the concerned department of DMRC before commencement of works during the Moratorium Period.
- Save as on account of Force Majeure or reasons solely attributable to DMRC with no contributory factor of the Lessee, the Lessee shall have to complete in all respects the Fit-out Activities within the Moratorium Period and DMRC may thereafter be entitled to restrict the development on the Leased Space(s). The liability of the Lessee to pay the consideration and other amounts to DMRC shall however commence from the Commencement Date as stated in Article 3 and the Lease Period shall be restricted to 15 years from the Commencement Date notwithstanding the time allowed for completion under this Clause.
- For delays on account of Force Majeure or reasons attributable solely to DMRC with no contributory factor of the Lessee, the due date for the first Lease Fee and Lease Period shall be extended accordingly by the ‘period of delay’ in the sole discretion of DMRC, however, no financial claims shall be entertained by DMRC on this account.
- No surface parking is available. However the existing basement of the station can be utilized for parking of approximately 70 nos. of cars and 38 nos. of two-wheelers as PD parking after construction of ramp to existing basement for vehicular movement. The work of construction of ramp as per DMRC standards for utilizing the vacant area in basement for parking is in the scope of lessee. The ramp shall be designed by lessee as per the reference drawings provided with this document. The detailed design of ramp, construction methodology and technical specifications shall be approved by DMRC before start of the construction of ramp. The lessee will be handed over this space for developing and utilizing as parking. The parking rates shall be equal to the standard commuter parking rates of the station as approved by DMRC.
The complete bid document can be downloaded by the bidder from the website of https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Following are the recent tenders DMRC invited for Property Development at the stations:
- Contract number: PD-20R
- Name of work: Property Development at Majlis Park Metro Station (Line-7).
- The Majlis Park Metro Station is located on the Line-7 Pink Line of the Delhi Metro. The site is close to prime residential and commercial localities of Adarsh Nagar. Apart from metro accessibility, the site lies between outer ring roads, which offers good connectivity. All these factors make the site attractive for future potential for commercial development.
- Majlis Park is a prominent station where approx. 406 Sqm PD area is available which is proposed to be leased out for various uses as detailed in this document. The space is ideally suitable for commercial shops and food joints.
- As proposed built up area for Property Development is planned at the Concourse Level. Hence building plans approvals from local bodies are not required.
- Contract number:: CPD-81R
- Name of work: Request For Proposal (RFP) for Property Development at 10656 SQM Land Plot at Parmeshwari Wala Bagh (Near Azadpur Metro Station).
- Ministry of Urban Development has also issued an order permitting DMRC to carry out Property Development in lands allotted for Delhi MRTS Project vide Order No. K-14011/8/2000-MRTS(Pt.) dated 30 March 2009.
- DMRC has been allotted a land plot by DDA measuring 10656 sqm at Parmeshwari Wala Bagh at Model Town for Phase-II of Delhi MRTS Project. It is proposed to carry out integrated commercial development on this space.
- The plot is situated near Azadpur metro station which is an integrated metro station on the SamaypurBadli – HUDA City Centre (Line-2) and Majlis Park – Shiv Vihar (Line-7) metro route.
- The site is close to prime localities of Model Town, Tagore Garden, Gujaranwala Town, Azadpur, Shalimar bagh, Civil lines, Mukherjee Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Police Line Kingsway Camp etc.
- Apart from Metro Rail accessibility, the site is very close to Ring Road and Mall Road junction which offers it a very good connectivity to Rohini, East Delhi and West Delhi. All these factors make this site attractive due to its potential for integrated commercial development.
- This plot can be advantageously used for developing floors with shopping mall, restaurants and banks etc.
- DMRC proposes to carry out MRTS Property Development on the land parcel through a developer/Bidder for this tender.
- The Project site is being offered on “as is where is basis”.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit: DMRC