- The MoU was signed by Dr. P.K Garg, Director (Business Development)/DMRC and Shri Saleem Ahmad, Director (Projects)/NBCC in the presence of Dr. Vikas Kumar, Managing Director/DMRC and Shri P.K.Gupta, Chairman & Managing Director, NBCC (India) Limited.
About Delhi Metro:
- The Delhi Metro has been instrumental in ushering in a new era in the sphere of mass urban transportation in India. The swanky and modern Metro system introduced comfortable, air conditioned and eco-friendly services for the first time in India and completely revolutionised the mass transportation scenario not only in the National Capital Region but the entire country.
- Having constructed a massive network of about 390.14 Km with 286 stations (including NOIDA-Greater NOIDA Corridor and Rapid Metro, Gurugram) in record time in Delhi, NCR, the DMRC today stands out as a shining example of how a mammoth technically complex infrastructure project can be completed before time and within budgeted cost by a Government agency.
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) was registered on 3rd May 1995 under the Companies Act, 1956 with equal equity participation of the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) and the Central Government to implement the dream of construction and operation of a world- class Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS).
- The Airport Express link between the Indira Gandhi International Airport and New Delhi has now propelled Delhi to the league of global cities which have high speed rail connectivity between the city and the airport. The DMRC today has over 300 train sets of four, six and eight coaches.
- Founded in 1960 as a Govt. of India Civil Engineering Enterprise, NBCC with its Headquarter in Delhi, today, holds the status of Navratna CPSE, and has emerged as the undisputed leader in the Construction Sector on the back of its capabilities, innovative approach, adherence to highest standard of quality, timely delivery and a dedicated workforce.
- NBCC’s areas of operation encompass three (03) Primary Segments namely;
- Project Management Consultancy (PMC): Executing landmark projects in diversified sectors as also Redevelopment Projects for Government.
- Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC): Working in a niche market and constructing Chimneys, Cooling Towers for Power Sector.
- Real Estate Development: Developing Residential and Commercial inventories for Governments and the Public at large.
- With huge Market Capitalisation, NBCC is listed with both the Indian Stock Exchanges namely, National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- The Company has posted a substantial growth since 2002-03 and its top line touched Rs 10,151.37 crore in FY 2018-19 against a meagre turnover of Rs 494 Crore in FY 2002-03.
Source: DMRC | Image Credit: DMRC