Share with your network
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will flag off Vande Bharat Express train connecting Secunderabad with Visakhapatnam on 15th January at 10:30 AM via video conferencing.
- The train will be the eighth Vande Bharat Express to be introduced by Indian Railways and will be the first one connecting the two Telugu speaking states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, covering a distance of around 700 km.
- It will have stoppages at Visakhapatnam, Rajahmundry and Vijayawada stations in Andhra Pradesh and at Khammam, Warangal and Secunderabad stations in Telangana.
- The indigenously designed train set of Vande Bharat Express is equipped with state-of-the-art passenger amenities and will provide faster, comfortable and convenient travel experience to the rail users.
About Vande Bharat Express:
- Indian Railways launched India’s first indigenous Semi High Speed train, Vande Bharat Express. The first Vande Bharat Express train was flagged off on February 15, 2019, on the New Delhi Kanpur-Allahabad-Varanasi route.
- On November 11, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the fifth Vande Bharat Express train from Mysuru to Puratchi Thalaivar Dr MGR Chennai Central. This is also the first such train in South India.
- The Vande Bharat Express can run up to a maximum speed of 160 kmph and has travel classes like Shatabdi Train but with better facilities. It aims to provide a totally new travel experience to passengers.
- Speed, Safety and Service are the hallmarks of this train. Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, a Railways Production unit, has been the force behind a completely in-house design and manufacture, computer modelling and working with a large number of suppliers for system integration in just 18 months.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Images Credit: South Central Railway
Be the first to comment