Rail Infrastructure Development Company (Karnataka) Limited (K-RIDE) has recently issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Texmaco Rail & Engineering Ltd. for the Signalling and Telecommunication utility shifting in BSRP Corridor-1 from Yelahanka Junction to Devanahalli Stations of Bangalore Division.
- Tender Reference Number: K-RIDE/BSRP/20/2023
- Name of Work: Signalling and Telecommunication utility shifting in BSRP Corridor-1 from Yelahanka Junction to Devanahalli Stations of Bangalore Division.
- Awarded Value: INR 15,88,40,123/-
- Contract Period: 18 Months
In June 2023, the K-RIDE has invited a tender for Tender Number: K-RIDE/BSRP/20/2023
Scope of Work:
The proposed work is associated with the BSRP work between Yelahanka and Devanahalli: “S&T utility shifting BSRP Corridor-1 tender from Yelahanka Jn. to Devanahalli stations of Bangalore division.” This work is taken up in order to facilitate civil work for construction of BSRP Corridor-1.
This forms the vital part of the overall BSRP work between Yelahanka -Devanahalli section of Bangalore Division. The scope of work includes signalling and telecommunication works Outdoor activities for shifting cables to facilitate BSRP work. The proposed work will be taken up in a phased manner and may involve 2 to 3 interim stage modifications.
Details of Work:
- Approaches to the project site: The land acquired for the project caters for construction and operation of the proposed line. The contractor shall plan for approach roads to various sites of work conducting detailed surveys and should include the cost of inputs for any such approach roads in his bid for the work.
- However, in case any existing road outside railway land has to be utilized for transportation of materials to the site of work and in the process the road gets damaged or needs to be strengthened and the authority owning the said road submits demand to GM(S&T) / K RIDE to carry out some specific works in order to strengthen/repair the road, GM(S&T) / K RIDE shall get such works executed through the existing contractor or any other agency and make payment for such work.
- Designing and documentation including completion documents of signalling and telecom drawings for cable shifting work
- Removal of S&T infringements or shifting of signalling gears like LC gates, location boxes, signals, cables etc. and telecom gears like cables, EC post etc. to facilitate the progress of earth work and bridge work for Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project (BSRP) Corridor-4
- Outdoor work of trenching and laying of cables, foundation for signals, location boxes, etc. wiring of location boxes, signal units, points machines, track circuits, axle counter jointing of signalling cables, earthing, RE protection, erection of electrical lifting barrier, painting and lettering of all outdoor gears, releasing of all outdoor gears.
- The above is not an exhaustive list covering all the works to be done under this Tender. Major works only have been listed for guidance.
- Inspection of S & T Work 2.4.6 The execution is required to be carried as per standard specifications of K-RIDE. However, specifications, drawings and other details mentioned in BOQ or in special conditions, wherever applicable will prevail over the standard specifications.
The Signal & Telecom material to be supplied by the contractor as per RDSO Specifications/ Drawings will have to be procured from approved Vendors appearing in Vendor Directories of RDSO and to be supplied duly inspected by RDSO. In case where no manufacturers are available in approved vendors list issued by RDSO, procurement may be done through the firms included in RDSO Vendors for Developmental order as per Railway Board’s letter No. 99/RS(G)709/1 dated 18.11.2016 and 2001/RS(G)/779/7 PT 1 dated 29.06.2017.
- In case of signalling relays, 20% of requirement of each type of relay can be procured from RDSO approved vendors for developmental order as per Railway Board’s letter no. 2001/RS(G)/779/7 Pt 2 dated 25.06.2018.
- For procurement through RDSO Vendors for Developmental order, prior approval of K-RIDE’s Engineer shall be obtained.
- The Signal & Telecom material to be supplied by the contractor as per TEC/DOT/BSNL specification will have to be procured form DOT/TEC approved firms. The inspection of such items will however be carried out by RDSO provided the value is more than value stipulated in the inspection policy of RDSO.
- In case the contractor is supplying imported equipment from an approved manufacturer, then in addition to the manufacturer’s test certificate, such equipment shall be inspected by RDSO.
- Signal & Telecom items not inspected by RDSO/ RITES for any reason will be inspected by the Engineer / Authorized Representatives of K-RIDE. In case of any difficulty in inspection, K-RIDE may decide the authority of inspection, either by any other Govt. agency or by consignee.
- Whenever materials are inspected by Authorised Representatives of the K-RIDE/Engineer, the contractor will be required to furnish his or manufacturer’s Guarantee Certificate.
- The K-RIDE shall have full power to reject any material that it may consider defective or inferior in quality, workmanship, or otherwise not in accordance with the Specification and the KRIDE’s decision shall be final, even though they might have been inspected by RDSO/RITES.
- The contractor shall remove forthwith any such material rejected and replace them promptly at his own cost. Inspected and accepted material, if damaged during transit, shall be replaced by the contractor free of cost prior to installation.
- Inspection Charges of RDSO and RITES will be borne by the Contractor. In case of Change of Inspection from RDSO/RITES to K-RIDE/Consignee,1% of cost of material to be deducted by K-RIDE, as Inspection Charges.
- Items included in the list of items to be inspected by RDSO & RITES and are not inspected by RDSO/RITES for any reason whatsoever and will be inspected by the Authorised Representatives of K-RIDE.
- The following conditions will apply:
- Material conforming to RDSO spec/drg is procured from RDSO approved source
- Contractor shall submit Manufacturer’s Guarantee Certificate for the material.
- All such cases where change in agency of inspection other than mentioned in the schedule is required will be processed for specific approval of competent authority.
This project, with its blend of technical precision and strategic planning, sets the stage for a more robust and efficient railway network in the Bangalore Division, ultimately benefiting commuters and contributing to the region’s overall transportation infrastructure.
Source: K-RIDE- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): MoR
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.