Rail Infrastructure Development Company (Karnataka) Limited (K-RIDE), has invited bids under single stage single packet system for the work of Providing Quality And Safety Audit Consultancy (QSAC) for Yesvantpur – Channasandra and Baiyyappanahalli – Hosur Doubling Projects.
- Bid Notice No.: K-RIDE/DL/07/2021
- Name of work: “Providing Quality And Safety Audit Consultancy (QSAC) for Yesvantpur – Channasandra and Baiyyappanahalli – Hosur Doubling Projects for all Components of work – Civil, Electrical, OHE, S&T, N.I. Woks, P Way, Miscellaneous works etc. including Commencing of the Section” of Bangalore Division In South Western Railway (single package).
- Estimated Cost of Project: INR 2,52,05,663/-
- Period of Completion: 30 months
Introduction & Background:
K RIDE (Rail Infrastructure Development Company (Karnataka) Limited), is a Joint Venture of Govt. of Karnataka & Ministry of Railways, invites most competitive offer for Quality And Safety Audit Consulting (QSAC) Services for the work of Baiyyappanahalli – Hosur and Yeshwanthpur – Channasandra Doubling Projects located in Bangalore Division of South Western Railway for all components of work – Civil, Electrical, OHE, S&T, P Way, Miscellaneous works, N.I. Woks, etc. including commencement of the section. The period for completion of the project is 3 years plus 6 months Defect Liability period for the work.
The K-RIDE doubling Project Yeshvantpur – Channasandra and Baiyyappanahalli – Hosur broadly includes the following discrete elements under different contract packages:
Civil, Structure and Track Works Contract:
- Earth work in formation/cutting, Minor Bridges for 25 tonne axle load.
- Major Bridges for 25 tonne axle load.
- Associated bridges and road crossings (RUB).
- Track work for 25 tonne Axle load.
- Associated service buildings and structures, such as maintenance facilities; Stations and equipment structures for rail systems and Staff quarters etc.
Signal and Telecommunication works Contract:
- Signalling (Automatic, Electronic Interlocking).
- Associated service buildings and structures, such as maintenance facilities stations and equipment structures for Signal and Telecommunication systems.
Electrical works Contract
- Traction Power (25 KVA).
- Power supply.
- Overhead Catenary System.
Objective of the Consultancy Services:
- The objective of this consultancy contract is to engage a Quality and Safety Audit Consultant (QSAC) to achieve independent auditing and reporting of the quality of the works and installations constructed under the project and implementation of the safety arrangements/Plans during construction.
- QSAC shall satisfy itself, on the basis of evidence gathered, that all Testing, System Integration and Commissioning work are carried out as per Employer’s Requirements. All major issues identified during the above process have been resolved and the Railway is suitable for revenue service.
- QSAC is expected to be an effective interface between the field level Project Team and the top management. The consultant will help in bringing out constraints and inefficacy of the system in achieving the expected outcomes and contract implementation. Besides monitoring the schedule, quality and safety of construction, it will warn the Management of possible pitfalls and also with possible solutions. It will flag such issues if the solutions are beyond the capacity of the consultant.
Scope of Services:
- The consultant shall carry out third party independent auditing of the project for quality and safety and will oversight, monitor compliance, review and report regularly on the technical quality of work carried out, schedule implementation and implementation of safety requirements.
- The QSAC would provide third party independent review and monitor compliances, to reasonably ensure that quality and safety standards and guidelines as stated in various contract agreements are being followed and resources are available as required to achieve implementation schedule.
- The scope of services would include witness/ examination of the quality of works, material incorporated in the permanent work, conformance with quality norms, and conformance with performance criteria as described in the Specifications of Contracts, conformance of all safety requirements and resource availability as per the implementation schedule.
- The QSCA will review the quality control documentation for goods purchased and works constructed on a sampling basis sufficient to achieve a reasonable confidence in the adequacy and quality of such documentation and controls.
- The QSAC will review the quality control documentation for goods purchased and works constructed on a sampling basis sufficient to achieve a reasonable confidence in the adequacy and quality of such documentation and controls.
- The QSAC will witness randomly some of the tests that are conducted by the contractors and technical supervisors (Engineer) of the project.
- In exceptional circumstances, the consultant may recommend to the Client additional tests.
- The QSAC will audit the safety arrangements during construction and review implementation schedules and randomly check the resource mobilization to match with the implementation schedule.
- The QSAC. will also witness commissioning and acceptance tests along with the representatives of the Engineer, QSAC shall satisfy itself that based on the evidences gathered that all the testing, system integration and commissioning work:
- Had been successfully completed.
- All major issues identified during the testing and commissioning process had been resolved or means were in place to mitigate the risk.
- The railway was properly prepared for commencement of revenue service
- Track and system infrastructure will be able to provide required service life and performance as provided in contract.
- All requests for inspections and tests, from the contractor to the Engineer would be copied to the QSAC, to afford the QSAC the opportunity to witness the tests conducted by the contractor/Engineer. A complete record of such tests witnessed shall be maintained by the QSAC.
Bidding Documents can be downloaded free of cost from K RIDE website www.kride.in.
Source: K-RIDE-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR
Be the first to comment