Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Universal MEP Projects & Engineering Services Ltd. for Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of E&M works of property development areas at Ernakulam South Metro Station.
- Tender Reference Number: KMRL/PROC/TENDER/2023-24/014
- Name of Work: Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of E&M works of property development areas at Ernakulam South Metro Station.
- Accepted Contract Amount: INR 3,27,86,000/-
- Work Completion Period: 06 Months
In May 2023, the KMRL invited a tender with the Tender Number: KMRL/PROC/TENDER/2023-24/014
The objective of the contract is the Design, construction completion, testing and commissioning of the permanent works by the Contractor (including without limitation, construction and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent Works in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
Scope of Works:
- The scope includes Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Indoor & external lighting systems of common areas such as lift lobby, staircases, etc. Electrical panels for PD and Common areas, Fire pumps, hydrant and sprinkler systems, Fire extinguishers and Addressable Fire Alarm System for PD areas, Signage’s, Talkback and PA system, CO2 gas flooding system, DG set.
- The scope of work under this contract shall include the Design, supply, erection, site testing and commissioning of the E&M and Fire System works comprising of but not restricted to:
- Conduiting, wiring, supply & fixing of modular type switches etc. for lighting.
- Conduiting, wiring, supply & fixing of modular type socket outlets and switches wherever required and as per drawings.
Cabling for Power, Communication, Fire alarm,etc.;
- Lighting fixture for internal areas (including verification of lux level achievable in various areas) and external areas.
- Fire alarm system including Conduiting and wiring.
- Safety equipment.
- All panels & DBs including Main Meter Boards, Emergency Power Panel, Fire Pump Panel, Water Pump Panel, Lighting Distribution Boards etc.
- Various distribution boards / panels as required.
- 1.1 kV grade power cables and control cables, cable trays, raceways and ducting.
- Protective earthing and lightning protection.
- Co2 gas flooding system.
- Fire pumps, fire hydrants and fire system piping.
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Obtaining the fire clearance certificate from Fire authorities and other statutory approvals as applicable.
- Interfacing with Civil and Lifts contractors as per requirements.
- Lightning Arrestor system.
- Obtaining the Fire clearance (Initial and Final) certificate from Fire authorities and other statutory approvals as applicable.
- EIG clearance for DG set.
- Maintenance of the area during the implementation stage.
- De-mobilisation, clearing of all temporary works and facilities after completion of job.
- Any other item of work may be required to be carried out for completing the work under this Contract in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the Contract and/or to ensure the safety of installation during and after execution.
Scope of Contract:
E&M Contractor’s scope of the contract shall comprise of providing equipments, components, materials, labour, supervisory staff with infrastructure, T&P, scaffolding, consumables, testing equipment, trial operation and free maintenance during performance guarantee period etc. required for completion of the work as per the contract Agreement.
Contract Rates shall be deemed to be inclusive of all direct and indirect expenses required to be incurred as per this scope including but not restricted to the costs of the following.
The E&M Contractor shall be fully responsible for ensuring that the design, manufacture, make, type, quantity and size of equipment/components/ materials brought to site for use in work shall be suitable for the work and shall be compatible with spaces available at site particularly with regard to heights and the widths of approaches to places of installation of equipment.
Approval of shop drawings, makes, samples etc. given by or on behalf of KMRL shall not absolve the Contractor of his basic contractual responsibility.
- As built conduit layout for lights, socket outlets sub-mains, and fire alarm system showing size of conduit, number and size of wires in each run, location and size of accessories like junction boxes, ceiling boxes, fan hooks, draw boxes, switch boxes, bends and route of each continuity conductor etc.
- As built layout of lights, socket outlets, switch boards, DBs etc.
- As built details of cable routing drawings showing size, type and number of medium voltage cables and mode of installation.
- As built GA and schematic drawings of switch boards, DBs, rising mains etc. showing material and size of sheet steel / bus bars / inter connections and make and rating of switch gear including details of protection, metering, indication and interlocks etc.
- As built details of earth pits and earthing conductors.
- As built details of Lightning Arrestor
- As built Drawing of Fire detection system.
- As built Drawing of Fire fighting system.
Source: KMRL- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): Kochi Metro
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.