Kolkata Metro’s City Centre -2 metro station on Kavi Subhash-Biman Bandar (Airport) Corridor of Orange Line is going on in full swing as the concreting work and covering of the roof of the station has been completed.
The construction work of City Centre -2 Metro station on Kavi Subhash-Biman Bandar (Airport) Corridor of Orange Line is going on in full swing.
This station is going to come up at the City Centre -2 area of New Town, one of Kolkata’s famous shopping destinations during weekdays as well as on weekends.
Once commissioned, this station is going to cater to thousands of passengers and shopping enthusiasts in the coming days.
- The concreting work of this station is complete. Covering of the roof of the station is also complete. The floors have been covered with granite.
- State-of-the-art passenger amenities are going to be provided at City Centre–2 Metro station.
Facilities to be Provided:
- There will be 06 escalators, 04 lifts provided at this station. Apart from these, 06 staircases will also be available here.
- There will be two spacious platforms of 180-metre length at City Centre – 2 station along with ticket counters, Automatic Smart Card Recharge Machines (ASCRM) for self ticketing facility.
- Apart from these, one toilet for ladies, one for gents and one for divyangjan will be available for the convenience of the passengers.
- Public Address System, digital display boards, emergency lighting facility for the convenience of the passengers, tactile floor indicators for the blind will be some other added amenities here.
Source: Kolkata Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Kolkata Metro