Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has floated tender for the works involves “Construction of Nabadiganta (Technopolis) Metro Stations including balance work up to concourse, civil & structural work, architectural work, plumbing work, fire-fighting work, station signages work, road work and all other miscellaneous works in connection with phase commissioning of metro service of New Garia-Airport Metro Corridor in the state of West Bengal, India.”
- Tender Reference Number: RVNL_KOL1_NGA_KNBG_OCT_23
- Name of Work: The works involves “Construction of Nabadiganta (Technopolis) Metro Stations including balance work up to concourse, civil & structural work, architectural work, plumbing work, fire-fighting work, station signages work, road work and all other miscellaneous works in connection with phase commissioning of metro service of New Garia – Airport Metro Corridor in the state of West Bengal, India.”
- Estimated Cost: INR 70,22,99,761.48 Crores
- EMD: INR 1,40,46,000/-
- Period of Work: 18 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 19th Oct, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 09th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 19th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 09th Nov, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 09th Nov, 2023
Scope of Works:
- Detailed survey of the alignment corridor minimum 75 m either side from centre line of alignment to validate the survey report and feasibility of pier/column locations provided at the tendering stage. Closed Traverse survey of 1 in 50000 accuracy connected with traverse pillars on both sides of the station established by the Viaduct construction contractor, Traverse computation and error adjustment will be in commercial software Least Square method compatible to the instrument used for traversing.
- The same commercial software shall be supplied to RVNL. Detailed Topographical survey, Levelling accuracy connected with bench mark established by the viaduct construction contractor considering the sensitivity of the work and fixing of permanent and temporary bench marks in order to have accurate planning and execution of the stations works taking into account all compatible data for the viaduct & stations already under construction as Built.
- Fixing and maintaining permanent and temporary pillars along the alignment as per instruction of site in charge. Drawings will be prepared in AUTOCAD and submitted in soft and hard copies. Traverse and levelling stations will be revalidated once in six months. Method statement to be submitted and get approved before work.
- Three permanent Traverse pillars (600mm x 600mm x 1000mm) shall be established triangle formed 100 m minimum distance with intervisible photographs with x,y,z values after completion of construction for future work as instructed by Site in charge. The payment of the same shall be made under Schedule A1.
- All the utilities and roadwork along the alignment shall be either diverted or supported and shall be restored back with the permission of the utility owning agency and to the requirement of the owner. The Charted Utilities are indicated on the alignment drawings. The payment of the same shall be made under schedule D & F.
- All works sites shall be barricaded and barricades shall be maintained till completion of the activities. Casting of Concourse and Non-course slabs should be done by making a portal for which no extra payment shall be made and the cost of the same is deemed to be included in the rates of BOQ. Other methods of casting must need approval of the Engineer-in-charge.
Structural Steel Works:
Preparation of complete detailed fabrication drawings and erection marking drawing based on the design drawings, required for all the permanent and temporary structures.
Submittal of revised design, with calculations and detailed fabrication drawings, in case any substitution of the designed sections is required.
Submittal of design calculations for joints and connections to be developed by the contractor along with detailed fabrication drawings. Supply of all raw steel materials for fabrication, taking into account wastage margin, including storage and upkeep of the materials.
Furnishing of all materials, labour, tools and plant and all consumable required for fabrication and supply of all necessary bolts, nuts, washers, tie roads and welding electrodes for field connections, with necessary wastage margins.
Fabrication of the steel works in accordance with the approved fabrication drawings, including all shop assembling, matching and marking. Design, manufacture / fabrication and provision of all jigs, fixings, manipulators etc. required for the fabrication.
Provision of shop painting and requisite site painting to all fabricated steelwork, as per requirements of the related specification of the painting.
Suitability marking, bundling and packing for transport of all fabricated materials. Preparing and furnishing detailed bill of materials, drawing Office dispatch lists, Bolts Lists and any other lists of bought out items required in connection with the fabrication and erection of the structural steelwork.
Loading, Transportation and unloading of all fabricated structural steel materials from site storage yard to erection site , handling, assembling, bolting, welding and satisfactory installation of all fabricated structural steel materials in proper location, according to approved erection drawings and/or as directed by the Engineer.
The contractor shall submit, for examination, by the engineer, detailed particulars of his proposed methods of erection of the superstructure steelwork, together with complete calculations relating to strength and deflection. If the erection scheme necessitates the attachment of strength steelwork to the permanent steel work, the contractor shall submit, for approval of the Engineer, the methods he propose for making the permanent steelwork after removing the temporary work. The contractor shall also submit the design and fabrication drawings of all temporary support staging, braces etc. required for safe erection, for approval of the Engineer
The contractor shall provide all construction and transport equipment tools, tackle, and consumable, materials, labour and supervision required for the er.tion of the structural steelwork. Receiving, unloading, checking and moving to storage yard, storage, guarding and upkeep of fabricated steelwork and other consumable materials and fasteners at site.
Transportation of all fabricated structural steel materials from eke storage yard, handling, assembling, bolting, welding and satisfactory installation of all fabricated structural steel materials in proper location, according to approved erection drawings end/or as directed by the Engineer.
Setting out aligning, plumbing, levelling, bolding, welding and securely fixing the fabricated steel structure in accordance with the erection scheme or as directed by the engineer. Provision of requisite site painting to all fabricated steelwork, as per requirements of related specifications of the painting.
Providing protective treatment to the erected steel structures, as per specification. All major modifications of the fabricated steel structures, as directed by the Engineer, including but not limited to the following:
- Removal of bends, kinks, twists etc. for parts damaged during transport and handling
- Cutting, chipping, filling, grinding etc. if required or preparation and finishing of site connections
- Remaining holes for use of higher size bolts if required
- Re-fabrication of parts damaged beyond repair during transport and handling or re-fabrication of parts which are incorrectly fabricated
- Fabrication of parts omitted during fabrications by error, or subsequently found necessary
- Drilling of holes which are either not drilled at all or are drilled in incorrect location during fabrication
- Carry out tests in accordance with the related Specification.
Preparing and furnishing detailed bill of materials of fabricated parts received from DMRC or its authorised fabricator. The Contractor shall observe all safety requirements for erection of structural steelwork as covered in IS: 7205.
Minimum average annual construction turnover in equivalent INR 93.64 Crores Calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three financial years (refer note below the table).
Execution as contractor or subcontractor, at least One contract with a value of at least INR 42.14 Cr. that has been successfully or is substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for submission of the bids, and that is similar to the proposed work. The similar work here shall be that which meets the requirement of any one of the following:
- Civil Engineering Works including Architectural finishing work of Metro Station and/or Building with 10m height or above (Airport building or Railway Station building or Railway Building or Metro building) of minimum 6300 sqm Floor area (e.g. for building, each floor area to be added).
- RCC works in Metro Station and/or Building with 10m height or above (Airport building or Railway Station building or Railway Building or Metro building) of minimum volume of 3968 cum.
- Execution of 1875 m of installation of pile of dia of 1000 mm or more in Railway/road/metro rail bridges (including viaducts) and/or Metro Station and/or Building with 10m height or above (Airport building or Railway Station building or Railway Building or Metro building).
Tender documents can be downloaded from website https://rvnl.org/active-tenders-new
Source: RVNL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Kolkata Metro