All the on-going Metro projects in the city and suburbs have gained momentum in recent years. Under the able leadership of Shri P. Uday Kumar Reddy, General Manager, Metro Railway, regular progress of these projects is being monitored and evaluated and necessary actions for augmenting the work are being taken. The General Manager has been personally visiting the project sites to see the progress of the works.
Shri P. Uday Kumar Reddy, General Manager, Metro Railway inspected Howrah Maidan to Esplanade stretch of East-West Metro Corridor (Green Line) i.e. on 02.11.2023. During this inspection, Shri V. K. Srivastava, Principal Chief Engineer, Metro Railway and Managing Director, KMRCL as well as other senior officials of Metro Railway and KMRCL accompanied him.
At Inspected site:
- The General Manager started this inspection from Howrah Maidan Metro station in the morning. He travelled up to Esplanade Metro station under the river Hooghly in a Metro.
- Shri Reddy inspected entry and exit gates of different stations, AFC – PC Gates, lifts, escalators, Platform Screen Doors.
- During this inspection, Shri Reddy evaluated the progress of works of underground Howrah Maidan, Howrah, Mahakaran and Esplanade Metro stations, traction substations, power supply system, ventilation & air-conditioning system.
- Howrah Metro station is going to be the deepest Metro station in the country.
- During this inspection, he enquired about different technical parameters of the stations and took stock of the passenger amenities to be provided there.
Shri Reddy expressed his satisfaction after seeing the progress of works and advised all to complete all the pending jobs within the deadline.
Source: Kolkata Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Kolkata Metro