Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL) has floated e-tenders for Detailed Design Consultancy (DDC) services for development of approx. 2.65 hectare of land at Bhopal and 1 hectare of land at Indore for property development and other buildings for Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: 2466/MPMRCL/2023/ BHIN-15
- Name of Work: Detailed Design Consultancy (DDC) services for development of approx. 2.65 hectare of land at Bhopal and 1 hectare of land at Indore for property development and other buildings for Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Project.
- Approximate Cost of Work: INR 1.68 Crores
- EMD: INR 1,68,000/-
- Completion Period: 1095 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 09th Oct, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 27th Nov, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 30th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 20th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 27th Nov, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 28th Nov, 2023
The objective of this contract is to obtain Detail Design Consultancy (DDC) Services in Site planning, Architectural, Civil, Geotechnical, Structural, E & M, Finishing, Water Supply, Sanitary Installations, HVAC, External Development Works, Horticulture and Landscaping for:
- Development of various types of the buildings at Barkatullah University Land at Bhopal (Land area 1.65 Ha.)
- Development of various types of the buildings at Bhopal Depot (Land area 1.00 Ha)
- Development of various types of the buildings at Indore (Land area 1.00 Ha.) In development of the project designs, the desired objectives of the MPMRCL would be:
- Economy, durability, environment friendliness, occupant comfort, quality of service, safety in construction, sustainability, maintenance and operation.
- Adoption of the State-of- the- art technology.
Scope of Services:
The scope of DDC’s services shall cover providing consultancy services for detail designs of Architectural, Civil, Geotechnical, Structural, Finishing, Water Supply, Sanitary Installations, Drainage, Rain water Harvesting, HVAC, BAMS, External Development Works, Horticulture and landscaping by performing topographical survey, conduct geotechnical investigations, detail designs, detailing, preparation Tender documents with BOQ, BAMS & Construction support & interfacing for areas mentioned under 2a to 2c.
- The services of the Design Consultant shall broadly be covered under the following heads (but not limited to):
- Topographical survey
- Geotechnical investigations
- Architectural design of various buildings/ components including finishes
- Structural design of buildings
- Design of Water Supply, Sanitary, drainage and sewerage
- Design of E & M and HVAC
- External site development, Horticulture and Landscaping
- Design, Detailing, Specifications, BOQ and preparation of Tender documents
- Obtaining Local-body approvals, fire approvals from statutory authorities.
- Internal Road system, Drainage, Compound wall, Fire Fighting system, Rainwater Harvesting, Security system and BAM Systems.
- It is to be ensured that the designs and specifications will meet the project requirement at reasonable cost, without imposing any limitations in regard to competitive bidding.
- Obtaining occupancy certificates from statutory authorities.
This Document describes the General Scope of Services to be provided for Design Consultancy Services for construction of Multi-story Office and other buildings at Bhopal & Indore including all services detailed above.
The DDC shall follow acceptable standards and design procedures akin to best industry practices wherever not explicitly mentioned. The scope will include not only items described under the scope of work but also those items referred anywhere in the tender documents.
Duties and Responsibilities of the DDC:
The DDC shall perform the Services relating to the Project according to the Generally Accepted Professional Practice. The overall scope of services to be performed by the DDC under this Agreement is more specifically set forth in the agreement.
Take instructions from MPMRCL about requirements, design brief, study the site, local bye-laws, codes, practices and prepare as many alternatives as required to obtain clients approval on design.
The Consultant shall exercise reasonable skill, care and diligence in the performance of its obligations under this Agreement. The DDC shall always act, in respect of any matter relating to the Services, as faithful advisors to the Client and shall at all times support and safeguard the Client’s legitimate interests.
- In discharging obligations, the DDC shall pay due consideration to relevant applicable laws, rules, codes or regulations. The design shall comply with the Building bye-laws yet shall be efficient and shall optimum utilisation of spaces.
- The DDC shall hold the Client’s interest paramount. The DDC shall review and check the correctness and /or accuracy of works performed by Sub- consultants appointed by them in terms of field surveys, designs and relevant information including interface prepared by them.
- The DDC shall arrange and involve itself in all investigations, meetings, and in any other activities as are or may be necessary for producing the design, drawings and Documents to such details that MPMRCL can go for bidding.
- Taking client’s instructions and developing the designs. Site evaluation, analysis and impact of existing and/or proposed development on its immediate environs, site survey etc.
The DDC shall carry out the Services in accordance with its own methods, in compliance with the provisions of the Agreement. Any and all changes necessary to ensure that the DDC’s design, drawings and Documents conform to the intent and purpose set out in the Agreement shall be made at the DDC’s own expense.
The DDC represents that it is a professional and experienced consultant providing full consultancy services, and hereby agrees to bear full responsibility for the correctness and technical merit of the services performed, their compliance to standard design codes, accuracy of calculations, design, drawing & detailing and suitability for execution. DDC shall deploy the competent professional for each discipline i.e. Architectural, Civil & Structural and Electrical, Mechanical & Plumbing works, HVAC, Acoustics, BAMS, Landscape and Horticulture.
The DDC shall be fully responsible for compliance of standard design codes, accuracy of design calculations and preparation of detailed drawings and keeping suitability for executing the design and drawings.
The DDC shall be fully responsible for correctness and accuracy of conceptual plans with regard to FAR, Ground Coverage, setbacks, parking requirements and other building bye-laws in force. The consultant shall certify in writing that the designs are in accordance with the up to date & relevant building bye-laws.
The DDC shall present the schemes to various local authorities and prepare Documents and models as required and obtain necessary approval of competent authorities, statutory bodies required according to local bye-laws, acts and regulations.
Getting all statutory approvals from local, statutory bodies shall be responsibilities of DDC. MPMRCL shall provide support if required, MPMRCL shall bear the cost of statutory fees to be deposited to local bodies/statutory bodies if any.
To provide Design & Consultancy services for the entire duration of the Project till its commissioning & verification of As-built drawings.
It should be noted that though the responsibility for correctness, completeness and adequacy of the works constructed by the contractors and for compliance with statutory obligations remain with the contractors, the DDC shall be responsible for any deficiency in the design drawings and construction interfacing.
DDC shall conduct site visits to monitor Contractor’s activities with the goal of minimising adverse effects on public safety, traffic, residential and commercial activity, and the environment.
DDC shall keep MPMRCL informed of their findings and recommendations resulting from these site visits. The number of these site visits shall be at least one in 3 months or as required by MPMRCL at Bhopal and Indore each location.
The bidders will be qualified only if they have successfully completed/substantially completed similar services as given below within the past 7 years ending on 30th September 2023.
- Successfully completed/substantially completed at least one contract of Similar Services of value of 80% of the declared cost of work i.e., INR 1.34 Crores (excluding GST).
- Successfully completed/substantially completed at least two contracts of Similar Services” of value of 50% of the declared cost of work i.e., INR 0.84 Crores (excluding GST).
- Successfully completed/substantially completed at least three contracts of Similar Services of value of 40% of the declared cost of work i.e., INR 0.67 Crores (excluding GST).
Similar Services for this contract shall mean Design Consultancy Services in Architectural, Civil, Structural, E & M, Finishing, Water Supply, Sanitary Installations, HVAC, External Development Works, Horticulture and Landscaping.
Tenderers may download the tender documents from the official e-portal https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: MPMRCL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Bhopal Metro