In continuation to the tender for construction of ROBs at 4 Locations in Nagpur-Itwari section, the Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (MRIDC) has now invited e-bids in two packet system from eligible tenderers for “Construction of Road Over Bridges (ROBs) at 5 Locations (i.e. Wardha-Balharshah section at LC No. 27-km 826/29-827/1, Tadali-Ghugus Section at LC No. 39AB-km 865/16-866/1 & LC No. 39G-km 875/2-3 and Warora-Ballarshah section at LC No. 34-km 849/28-29 & LC No. 40- km 866/17-19) in Lieu of LC Gates in Maharashtra area on Nagpur Division of Central Railway.”
- e-Tender No.: MRIDC/PROJ/e-TENDER/ROB/2021/97
- Estimated cost of the work: INR 81,25,13,891/-
- Completion period: 360 days
- Start Date: 28.03.2021
- End Date / Time: 04.05.2021
- Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (MRIDC), is a joint venture company of Govt. of Maharashtra and Ministry of Railways for implementation of various Railway Projects in the territory of Maharashtra.
- The aim of the company is to provide a boost to the Rail Infrastructure projects in and around Maharashtra State.
- There are several projects of New Railway Lines, Gauge conversion, doubling, Road Over Bridges, Road Under Bridges & Limited Highway Subways waiting for implementation.
- The aim of the company is to take a leap forward in implementing railway related infra projects.
Technical Eligibility Criteria:
The Bidder must have successfully completed / physically completed / substantially completed any of the following during last 07 (seven) years, ending last day of month, previous to the month in which tender is invited:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 20% of advertised value of the tender,
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 25% of advertised value of the tender,
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of advertised value of the tender.
- In case of JV, either the JV firm or lead member of the JV firm must satisfy the Technical Eligibility Criteria defined above and each other partner of JV (excluding lead partner) shall have minimum 5 years of experience in the similar work, from the last day of month, previous to the month in which tender is invited
- Definitions: Construction of Road Over Bridge (ROB) / Rail Viaduct / Road Viaduct / Railway or Roadway Bridges / Flyover, with or without the portion within Railway boundary or over Railway track with any Government, Semi Government or Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) organisation shall be treated as similar work.
- Successfully completed: It shall mean, that the work must be satisfactorily completed in all respect.
- Physically completed: It shall mean that the work should be physically completed in all respects, but the final bill may be under process.
- Substantially completed: Value of work completed should be 90% or more of the latest contract value.
- The Contractor has to submit certificate duly verified by Client whether the work is successfully completed or physically completed or substantially completed and in case of substantially completed work, the issued certificate from client should clearly indicate the percentage completion of work with respect to the latest contract value.
- For successfully completed or physically completed works, value of work done shall be updated up to the end of previous month in which tender is invited from the month in which the work has been completed, in case of successfully completed work or from the month in which the work has been physically completed, in case of physically completed work, assuming 5% inflation for Indian Rupees every year.
- In case of substantially completed work, no updating of the value of work completed, as given in the clause above, shall be applicable.
- The successfully completed / physically completed / substantially completed work experience certificate issued from Govt. / Semi Govt. / PSU only will be considered for evaluation.
Road Over Bridges-Overview:
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between Govt. of Maharashtra and MRIDC for implementation of all Road Over Bridges (ROBs) in Maharashtra State by MRIDC.
There are total 307 ROBs/RUBs to be implemented Development of ROBs Phase-wise:
- Phase I – 69
- Phase II – 82
- Phase III – 156
MCGM has signed an MOU with MRIDC to construct 11 ROBs and 1 RUB in Mumbai and Suburban region while MMRDA has signed an MOU for construction of 2 ROBs in Mumbai and 4 ROBs and 1RUB in Thane District. Time frame of construction of each ROB is 150 days to 250 days.
Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) has approached MRIDC to construct Road Over Bridges (ROBs) spread over the railway lines in the city. In the first phase, MCGM along with Central and Western Railway has principally approved 12 ROBs/RUBs.
Following is the list of ROBs/RUBs:
|Sr. No.||ROBs/RUBs||Railway Zone|
|2||Ollivant ROB, Mazgaon||Central|
|6||Lower Parel ROB||Central|
|7||Bellasis ROB, Mumbai Central||Western|
|8||Garden ROB, S Bridge||Central|
|9||Tilak ROB, Dadar||Western|
|10||Reay Road ROB||Harbour/Central|
|11||Currey Road ROB||Central|
|12||Matunga RUB near labour camp||Harbour/Central|
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been signed between MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) and MRIDC to construct 2 ROBs in Mumbai and 5 ROBs/RUB in Thane district.
|4||Kopar ROB (Diva – Kalyan Line)|
|5||Kopar ROB (Diva – Vasai Line)|
|6||Kopar ROB (Vasai-JNPT DFCC)|
Source: MRIDC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MRIDC