National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (NHSRCL) has invited online open e-tenders for the work “Additional Geotechnical Investigation works at Various Locations in Palghar And Thane Districts for C3 works package of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail project.
- Contract Package No: NHSRCL/CPM(Civil)/Palghar/21-22/01
- Approximate cost of work: INR 4.45 Crores
- Completion period of the Work: 6 Months
- Pre-bid Meeting: 9th June 2021 at 15:00 hrs.
- Tender submission start date: 15th June 2021 at 1000 Hr
- Tender submission end date: 24th June 2021 at 15:00 Hr
- Date & time of Opening of Tender online: 25th June 2021 at 15:00
About the Project:
- NHSRCL is implementing a 508 Km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Railway Project (hereinafter called as Project) starting from Bandra Kurla Complex in Maharashtra and terminating at Sabarmati in Gujarat.
- The Project would be developed with the use of Japanese high speed rail technology (i.e. Shinkansen system).
- The length of alignment is 508 Km (approx.) with double line and will be passing through two states, Maharashtra (155.642 Km) and Gujarat (350.530 Km), and one UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli (2 KMs).
- Most of the alignment, about 92.4%, will be elevated and a small portion of about 2.5% will be on the cut & fill section.
- Twelve stations are proposed at Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad, and Sabarmati.
- The station at Mumbai will be Underground and all other stations will be elevated.
- There are 8 mountain tunnels and one underground tunnel of 21 Km with 7 Km under sea (Thane Creek) portion.
- Two numbers of Rolling stock depot & several maintenance/sub-maintenance depots (35 nos) are proposed along the alignment.
- The General Consultancy (GC) will be provided by consortium of Japanese companies JICC.
- The objective of GC is to prepare construction design, Bidding Documents and provide support for bidding, supervision consultancy etc.
Scope Of Work:
The work mainly comprises of Geo-Technical Investigation Work including carrying out field tests including plate load tests & exploratory drilling, and laboratory tests to determine the in-situ engineering geotechnical properties, and soil parameters for HSR alignment Starting Ch 20.050 KM (Thane District ) upto Ch 156+000 KM (Palghar District) of Maharashtra State, India for the C3 Package works tender of the Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corporation. The work is to be carried out on item rate basis as per bill of quantities and tender conditions , locations will be decided during the execution by the Engineer in charge.
The activities to be performed are as follows:
- Furnish necessary plant and equipment, tools and tackles, instruments, necessary power, fuel, water, tin boxes to store sample, labour, supervisions by qualified and experienced engineers and supervisors specialised in the type of investigation, transport of materials, men and equipment etc., services, full insurance and all other incidental items as may be necessary for entire and successful completion of the work as per tender terms, drawings, specifications and instruction of the owner/engineer.
- Exploratory Drilling in soil, rock & overburden from the existing ground surface upto depths of 35 m including but not limited to SPT tests using Automatic trip hammer arrangement and necessary energy measurements for SPTs (min 3 test at each rig),, drilling in all soils/rocks, undisturbed sample collection, recording water table, lab tests, and reporting etc to determine the in-situ engineering properties of soil & rock on both land and water (offshore) using good performance hydraulic rigs or equivalent as per the directions of Engineer-in-charge, in accordance to the applicable standard codes and as detailed in Technical Specifications and Schedule. Borehole depth in all type of strata may vary subject to site conditions.
- Exploratory drilling of BH at each Mountain tunnel portal location and one BH at intermediate location at tunnel whose length is more than 1 KM with depth approximately 35 Mtr varying considering BH depth 3 to 5 meter below the formation level in all soil, overburden including conducting SPT- Using Automatic trip hammer arrangement and necessary energy measurement for SPT (3 test at each rig) and drilling in all types of rocks, conducting lab testing, report preparation etc as per the instructions of Engineer-in charge.
- Testing safe bearing capacity of soil for the area proposed by Engineer for specified special bridges and highway/river/culvert crossings in MAHSR using Plate Load Tests Methods in accordance to the specified IS and JS standards.
- Fabrication and Mobilization of floating platform suitable for carrying out drilling work on water bodies, as per Engineer’s instruction.
- Survey of bore holes for elevation and plotting of borehole locations in alignment plan. Picking up coordinates of all borehole locations & all other test locations and preparation of bore logs (Geological) and location plan of boreholes on computer by using suitable Software.
- Preparation & submission of Field reports, Laboratory Reports and Geotechnical evaluations summarizing the details of soil / rock classifications, analysis of test data and recommending the type of foundations and bearing capacity at various foundation levels to be adopted.
- Data collection, data analysis & submission of draft report including in soft copy & hard copy (2 set) and final report after incorporating NHSRCL observations in soft copy & hard copy (3 set).
- Execution of all the restoration works of the disturbed site at BH location after completion of field tests of boreholes as per directions of Engineer In Charge.
- Barricading and securing of the work site during the execution of boreholes till the time of Completion of restoration works adhering to the OHSE requirements & other relevant conditions of the tender.
- Necessary Jungle Clearance for proper execution of work/as per requirement shall have to be undertaken by successful bidder at no extra cost.
Tender document can only be obtained online after registration of tenderer on the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: NHSRCL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL