In a significant move, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has granted a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Paras Railtech Pvt. Ltd. for crucial ballastless track works on behalf of Mumbai Metro . The awarded contract encompasses supply of buffer stops for Mumbai Metro Line-6 Project.
- Tender Reference Number: MT-09R
- Name of Work: Installation, testing & commissioning of ballastless track including supply of buffer stop for Line-6 of Mumbai Metro (S.S. Nagar to Vikhroli) (Ch.-822.508m to Ch. 14380.755m).
- Awarded Value: INR 80,48,97,441.84/-
- Contract Period: 24 Months
- This is a MMRDA Non JICA funded work.
- This is a MMRDA funded work. As per the MOU signed between DMRC and MMRDA, this work is being executed by DMRC on deposit work basis wherein there is provision of Closure of Contracts and Taking Over which is reproduced as below, “Accordingly, Tenderer shall ensure due closure of this Contract for execution of works with DMRC.
- Tenderer shall ensure that all risks, rewards and claims associated with this contract are settled before closure of this contract. Tenderer to note above while submitting Tender with DMRC.
- However, if this closure is not possible within one year of Revenue Operation Date (ROD) due to arbitration etc, the further management of this contract will be handled by MMRDA.
Scope of Works:
This specification establishes the requirements for the contract MT-09R “installation, testing & commissioning of ballastless track including supply of mss & buffer stop for line-6 mumbai metro (S.S. Nagar To Vikhroli) (Ch. -822.508m to Ch. 14380.755 m)”. The details of curves, turnouts, scissors x-overs, gradients, etc. have been shown in alignment drawings, the exact locations, and details of which shall be interfaced by the contractor with designated civil contractors.
The work area will also be made available to the contractor at Pahadi Goregaon location in line-6 corridor between S.S. Nagar to Vikhroli corridor if required by the contractor, and the contractor shall have to interface with designated civil contractors for the same.
For Welding of Rails, the bidder shall have RDSO approved Flush Butt Welding Plant with standardisation of welding parameters for HH 1080 Grade and Non-HH Rails along with final QAP approved by RDSO as per Addendum & Corrigendum slip No. 2 of Manual for Flash Butt Welding of Rails (Revision Jan. 2012) clause 5.6.2 as per Annexure – IX & X or shall have MOU with the owner of such welding plant owner on the date of opening.
The bidder should submit documentary evidence in support of the above requirement at the time of submission. The contractor shall be required to interface closely with the various Detailed Design Consultants and the designated civil/structural and system contractors on the Mumbai Metro Line-6, SG Corridor appointed by the Employer.
The scope of work shall include but not limited to the following:
- Supply of P. Way materials as described in the BOQ (except Rails, fastenings, Ballastless Turnout and Scissor Cross over which shall be supplied by the Employer). Track materials are to be procured against specifications (described in Chapter 6 of this PS) from DMRC approved stores.
- The contractor will make arrangements for mechanised handling and transportation of all materials (including the materials supplied by the Employer) to the site of work. Track materials are to be procured against specifications from DMRC approved stores.
- Railway Board had issued “Technical standard for Track Structure for Metro Railways/MRTS Systems “a copy of which is enclosed as Annexure ‘A’ of Particulars Specifications provided in the documents. The tenderer’s design shall comply with these standards (and to correct slips/modifications/new versions issued from time to time) unless instructed by Employer.
- Design of plinth / slab type track structure. If the design of Plinth type track structure is being done by the contractor the following will be applicable:
- The Tenderer should note the requirements of warranties and obligations under this contract. The design of the Permanent as well as temporary Works shall be undertaken by a designer (the Designer) who has experience in the design of temporary and permanent works for large track work projects in elevated and underground sections specifically in the field of metro construction.
- Details of the proposed Designer intended to be engaged shall be submitted with the tender and consent to be obtained from DMRC before engaging the DDC by the contractor after the award of the contract.
- The Tenderer shall submit with his Tender either the proposed terms and conditions upon which the Designer would be appointed in the event of acceptance of the Tender (excluding the financial and commercial terms thereof) or at least a statement of the heads (salient features) of such an agreement.
- The Tenderer should note that, if heads of agreement are supplied with the Tender, the Tenderer may be required to develop such heads into a full agreement during the tender evaluation period and to submit the agreement in its final form prior to award of the Contract.
- The Tenderer shall confirm that the terms for engagement of the designer will include for certification of the temporary works design (if this work is to be carried out by others) and the As Built Drawings, and regular inspection of the works to confirm that the construction complies with the intent of the design.
The award, valued at INR 80,48,97,441.84/-, is a pivotal step forward in advancing Mumbai’s metro infrastructure, with a meticulous focus on technical standards and collaborative project execution.
Source: DMRC- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): MMRDA
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.