Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has invited open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Installation, testing & commissioning of ballastless track including supply of buffer stop for Line-6 of Mumbai Metro (S.S. Nagar to Vikhroli) (Ch.-822.508m to Ch. 14380.755m).
- Tender Reference Number: MT-09R
- Name of Work: Installation, testing & commissioning of ballastless track including supply of buffer stop for Line-6 of Mumbai Metro (S.S. Nagar to Vikhroli) (Ch.-822.508m to Ch. 14380.755m).
- Approximate cost of Work: INR 96.34 Crores
- EMD: INR 48.17 Lakhs
- Completion Period: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 09th Aug, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 11th Sep, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 17th Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 05th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 11th Sep, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 12th Sep, 2023
- This is a MMRDA Non JICA funded work.
- This is a MMRDA funded work. As per the MOU signed between DMRC and MMRDA, this work is being executed by DMRC on deposit work basis wherein there is provision of Closure of Contracts and Taking Over which is reproduced as below, “Accordingly, Tenderer shall ensure due closure of this Contract for execution of works with DMRC.
- Tenderer shall ensure that all risks, rewards and claims associated with this contract are settled before closure of this contract. Tenderer to note above while submitting Tender with DMRC.
- However, if this closure is not possible within one year of Revenue Operation Date (ROD) due to arbitration etc, the further management of this contract will be handled by MMRDA.
Scope of Work:
- This specification establishes the requirements for the contract MT-09R “installation, testing & commissioning of ballastless track including supply of mss & buffer stop for line-6 mumbai metro (S.S. NAGAR TO VIKHROLI) (Ch. -822.508m to Ch. 14380.755 m)”. The details of curves, turnouts, scissors x-overs, gradients, etc. have been shown in alignment drawings, the exact locations, and details of which shall be interfaced by the contractor with designated civil contractors.
- The work area will also be made available to the contractor at Pahadi Goregaon location in line-6 corridor between S.S. Nagar to Vikhroli corridor if required by the contractor, and the contractor shall have to interface with designated civil contractors for the same.
- For Welding of Rails, the bidder shall have RDSO approved Flush Butt Welding Plant with standardisation of welding parameters for HH 1080 Grade and Non-HH Rails along with final QAP approved by RDSO as per Addendum & Corrigendum slip No. 2 of Manual for Flash Butt Welding of Rails (Revision Jan. 2012) clause 5.6.2 as per Annexure – IX & X or shall have MOU with the owner of such welding plant owner on the date of opening. The bidder should submit documentary evidence in support of the above requirement at the time of submission.
- The contractor shall be required to interface closely with the various Detailed Design Consultants and the designated civil/structural and system contractors on the Mumbai Metro Line 6, SG Corridor appointed by the Employer.
The scope of work shall include but not limited to the following:
- Supply of P. Way materials as described in the BOQ (except Rails, fastenings, Ballastless Turnout and Scissor Cross over which shall be supplied by the Employer). Track materials are to be procured against specifications (described in Chapter 6 of this PS) from DMRC approved stores.
- The contractor will make arrangements for mechanised handling and transportation of all materials (including the materials supplied by the Employer) to the site of work. Track materials are to be procured against specifications from DMRC approved stores.
- Railway Board had issued “Technical standard for Track Structure for Metro Railways/MRTS Systems “a copy of which is enclosed as Annexure ‘A’ of Particulars Specifications provided in the documents. The tenderer’s design shall comply with these standards (and to correct slips/modifications/new versions issued from time to time) unless instructed by Employer.
- Design of plinth / slab type track structure. If the design of Plinth type track structure is being done by the contractor the following will be applicable:
- The Tenderer should note the requirements of warranties and obligations under this contract. The design of the Permanent as well as temporary Works shall be undertaken by a designer (the Designer) who has experience in the design of temporary and permanent works for large track work projects in elevated and underground sections specifically in the field of metro construction.
- Details of the proposed Designer intended to be engaged shall be submitted with the tender and consent to be obtained from DMRC before engaging the DDC by the contractor after the award of the contract.
- The Tenderer shall submit with his Tender either the proposed terms and conditions upon which the Designer would be appointed in the event of acceptance of the Tender (excluding the financial and commercial terms thereof) or at least a statement of the heads (salient features) of such an agreement.
- The Tenderer should note that, if heads of agreement are supplied with the Tender, the Tenderer may be required to develop such heads into a full agreement during the tender evaluation period and to submit the agreement in its final form prior to award of the Contract.
- The Tenderer shall confirm that the terms for engagement of the designer will include for certification of the temporary works design (if this work is to be carried out by others) and the As Built Drawings, and regular inspection of the works to confirm that the construction complies with the intent of the design.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least One “similar work” of value INR 77.07 Crores or more, or
- At least Two “similar work” of value INR 48.17 Crores or more, or
- At least Three “similar work” of value INR 38.54 Crores or more
- Similar work for this contract shall be the work of “Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Ballastless track work on MRTS or main line of passengers Railway System. It may or may not include supply items like MSS, Buffer Stops, Rails, Turnouts and Fastening System. However, for evaluation of bids, supply cost for Rails, Turnouts and Fastening System will not be considered”.
- If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works (which need not to be similar in nature) of total put together of value INR 38.54 Crores or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MMRDA