Nagpur: The work on the viaduct of Reach II (Sitabuldi Interchange to Automotive Square) is progressing at a rapid pace and is now 91% complete. It will be completed as per schedule. All the 1,682 piles, 221 pile caps, 221 piers and 221 pier caps are complete.
- The 33 pier arms at flyover level and metro level are also complete.
- All the 2,320 segments have been casted.
- 206 out of 222 metro spans have been erected.
- The work of railway span foundation and substructure is in progress.
- The end piers have been casted.
- Painting and other balance station works are in full swing.
- Overall progress of the viaduct is 91%.
- Reach II is an important stretch of Nagpur Metro.
- People living in North Nagpur will be able to use the metro when it becomes operational.
- The important localities catered to by this Reach are:
- Kamptee Road
- Kabdi Square
- Indora, etc.
- It will provide connectivity to Zero Mile and Kasturchand Park and feeder services will enable commuters to reach government offices in Civil Lines.
- Maha Metro is creating a huge commercial space at Zero Mile Free Freedom Park and Kasturchand Park stations.
- People will be able to reach the commercial establishments in these stations using the metro.
- The Union Cabinet is expected to sanction Phase II of Nagpur Metro in the coming days.
- Under Phase II, the Metro will be extended from Automotive Square to Kanhan (via Kamptee).
- Once this is complete, lakhs of people commuting to Nagpur from Kamptee and Kanhan will be able to do so in comfort using the metro.
Meanwhile, Maha Metro safely erected all the girders (76 in numbers) of NHAI and Metro viaduct of Double Decker structure in the very narrow section of Gaddigodam using a high capacity 1200 MT crane. All the girders have been erected successfully.
Track laying work on Reach-4:
Meanwhile, work of track laying on Reach IV (Sitabuldi Interchange-Prajapati Nagar) is going on at full speed. It is now 80% complete and will be over soon. The total length of the Metro track to be laid on Reach IV is 16.050 kilometers (km).
- The figure includes both up and down lines of this 12.494 km track that has been laid so far.
- The work of viaduct, stations, track, overhead electrical (OHE), signaling, etc on Reach IV is expected to be complete by December this year.
- Trains will start playing on this section once the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) gives the green signal.
Source: NMRCL-Press Release