The Congress Nagar metro station is a boon for railway passengers boarding or alighting at Ajni station. People can reach Ajni from their homes using the metro and vice versa. Citizens should use the metro to travel to and from Ajni railway station. It is the cheapest and most comfortable mode of transport in the city.
- Maha Metro strictly adheres to Covid safety guidelines and hence passengers are absolutely safe.
- The number of passengers boarding and alighting at Ajni was over 70,000 per month in January and February 2020.
- Once the railway traffic is normalized Congress Nagar station will be used by thousands of passengers.
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is constructing an intermodal station (IMS) at Ajni, which will be linked to Congress Nagar station by a foot overbridge (FOB).
- Once it is complete, the footfalls in the metro station will increase manifold.
- The Congress Nagar station is connected to the platform of Ajni station and hence passengers can walk from here to there without any difficulty.
- The entrance of the metro station is adjacent to the railway one.
- Maha Metro has provided lifts at the metro station so that senior citizens and divyangs can reach the Ajni platform with minimum effort.
- The ticket counter is near the platform.
- People can travel in the direction of Sitabuldi or Khapri from this metro station.
- Those wishing to travel to areas lying on Hingna Road can change trains at Sitabuldi Interchange.
CMRS nod for Sitabuldi-Kasturchand Park section:
Meanwhile, trains are already running between Khapri to Sitabuldi metro stations on Orange Line and on Aqua Line between Sitabuldi and Lokmanya Nagar. Soon they will run between Sitabuldi and Kasturchand Park station via Zero Mile Freedom Park station
- Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) has permitted Maha Metro to run trains on Sitabuldi and Kasturchand Park section and has also certified the Zero Mile Freedom Park and Kasturchand Park stations.
- The Commissioner and his team had conducted an inspection between August 3 and 5 and had expressed satisfaction over the passenger amenities and safety arrangements of the two stations.
- The two stations are located in the historical part of the city having iconic structures like Sitabuldi Fort, VidhanBhavan, Reserve Bank of India (RBI), etc.
- They are close to Civil Lines, which has a large number of government, semi-government and private offices and Sadar, which is one of top commercial areas of the city.
Zero Mile Freedom Park Station:
- It will be housed in a 20 floor building having four levels of parking.
- The concourse level will have a ticketing counter and retail shops.
- There will be 13 commercial floors above the station.
- The new station will enable passengers to reach the Civil Lines area.
Kasturchand Park Station:
- This station will enable Nagpurians to travel to Sadar Bazar using the Metro.
- It has all modern amenities while its façade has a heritage look as the lattices in Kasturchand Park pavilion have been replicated on a larger scale in it.
The two stations have passenger amenities include:
- Washrooms for passengers
- Drinking water dispensers
- Baby care rooms
- Special toilets for divyangs
- Lifts & escalators
All types of safety equipment have been installed in the two buildings.
Source: NMRCL-Press Release