Nagpur: Maha Metro has always promoted use of digital means for fare payment. It has provided a number of options including mobile app and Maha Card for such means. Maha Card is being extensively bought and used by the commuters of Maha Metro. Till now, 22,621 Maha Cards have been sold. The Card was launched and is being operated in association with State Bank of India (SBI).
- Thus, while making travelling easier in the City through its multiple initiatives, Maha Metro has taken a step forward to simplify the very process of travelling. Maha Metro Nagpur has adopted the EMV (Euro Master Visa) smart card based Open loop Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system which has been implemented across all metro stations in Nagpur. Maha Card users get a 10 % rebate on journey fare.
- This system has enabled smart cards as additional fare media for commuters to pay for the intended travel. Passengers have to just tap their cards on the Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) Gates at metro Stations while boarding and de-boarding train to pay their journey fare. The fare is deducted in the process. Maha Card can be bought from any Metro station.
- Maha Card and the state of art AFC system ensures fare and transparent revenue collection and settlement. This also avoids frauds and leakages. EMV standard based Smart Card oriented Automatic Fare Collection System (AFC) is an end-to-end solution for the commuters to pay for the travel fares.
- The state-of-the-art solution is uniquely designed with the demand of revenue services and keeping in mind the modern transit operation. Some of the main features of MAHA CARD are:
- Easy payment by tapping at Metro stations
- Highly secured Chip based dual interface (contact and contactless) smart card
- Dip and swipe interface
- Compatible for web and mobile based transactions
- Personalized card on proven EMV (Europay, Master, Visa, Rupay) platform
- The Maha Card and AFC System, which have been embraced by Maha Metro Nagpur have not just made commuting simpler, but have also ensured that Metro train ride becomes hassle-free for every passenger.
Source: Nagpur Metro- Press Release