Northeast Frontier Railway successfully commissioned the Dhupdhara – Bamunigaon section which is a part of the New Bongaigaon – Kamakhya via Goalpara 176 km double line project.
The Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS)/NF circle Shri Suvomoy Mitra has completed the statutory inspection of the newly laid double line between Dhupdhara and Bamunigaon stations. This newly laid second line will be helpful for carrying more freight and passenger traffic through this route.
Project in Brief:
- The Dhupdhara – Bamunigaon section is a part of the New Bongaigaon – Kamakhya via Goalpara 176 km double line project.
- This newly inspected section includes construction of 08 major bridges, 80 minor bridges, 42 crossing bodies and absolute block signalling working system.
- New Station buildings were constructed at four railway stations which includes Dhupdhara, Singra, Boko & Bamunigaon.
- These four railway stations are also added with one new platform each for better handling of the incoming and outgoing trains.
Also, 42 new railway quarters were constructed for better accommodation of employees at this designated section. The stretch between Dhupdhara to Bamunigaon is 25.459 km. Speed trial of the section along with thorough inspection of all bridges, RUB and Signalling systems was done by the Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS)/NF circle.
Modern technologies were implemented like robust track structure of all wide base Pre-stressed Concrete (PSC) sleepers & Thick Web Switches which are newly designed sturdier switches on pre-stressed concrete sleepers and can handle higher speeds of trains for this double line territory.
Benefits from Rail Section:
- It is to be mentioned here that with laying of double line infrastructure, movement of trains, (passengers and freights), can be done in both directions without stop-over crossings at stations which will increase the punctuality of trains.
- More trains can be operated with enhanced speed thus enabling better connectivity with minimal time frames.
- Earlier, on 3rd May, 2023, 11.35 km section between Mirza – Azara & on 24th November, 2022, 29.71 km section between Dudhnai to Dhupdhara was commissioned.
On completion of this entire section of New Bongaigaon – Kamakhya via Goalpara, the northeast connectivity will get a significant boost towards transportation of both man and materials with the rest of the nation. Far-flung areas of Meghalaya will also be highly benefited with the completion of this double line project between New Bongaigaon and Kamakhya via Goalpara.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: Northeast Frontier Railway