Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s S.C. Agarwal for Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of standard gauge track (Ballasted, Embedded and Column Lines) at New ISBT Depot for Patna Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: PT-08R
- Name of Work: Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of standard gauge track (Ballasted, Embedded and Column Lines) at New ISBT Depot for Patna Metro Rail Project.
- Awarded Value: INR 22,76,99,311.18/- (Including all taxes)
- Completion Period: 15 Months
In June 2023, the DMRC invited a tender for Tender Number: PT-08R
This specification defines the objectives, guidelines and requirements for “Supply, Installation, Testing & commissioning of Standard gauge track (Ballasted, Embedded and Column lines) at New ISBT Depot for Patna Metro Rail Project.”
The works to be executed under the contract include manufacture & supply of materials (except Rails, Turnouts, Derailing Switch and Scissors X-over with its PSC sleeper sets for ballastless/ballasted track, which shall be supplied by the Employer), verification, delivery, installation, testing, including integrated testing and commissioning, technical support, training of Employer‘s staff and documentation for a complete system necessary to deliver the requirements of this specification.
Scope of Works:
- This specification establishes the requirements for the manufacture, “Supply, Installation, Testing & commissioning of Standard gauge track (Ballasted, Embedded and Column lines) at New ISBT Depot for Patna Metro Rail Project.”
- The details of curves, turnouts, scissors x-overs, gradients, etc. have been shown in alignment drawings, the exact locations and details of which shall be interfaced by the contractor with designated civil contractors.
- For welding of Rails, the bidder /JV Partner/ Consortium shall have MOU with RDSO approved Flash Butt Welding Plant owner for HH and non HH Rail, for carrying out welding work for the project. The work area will also be made available to the contractor at New ISBT depot and the contractor shall have to interface with designated civil contractors for the same.
- The installation of track work in New ISBT Depot shall be done as per mathematicized depot layout duly interfacing with designated contractors.
- For welding of Rails, the bidder shall have MOU with RDSO approved Flash Butt Welding Plant with standardisation of welding parameters for HH Rails and non HH 880 grade rails along with final QAP approved RDSO as per Addendum & corrigendum slip no.2 of Manual for Flash Butt welding of rails (Revision Jan 2012) Clause 5.6.2 as Annexure –X & XI or shall have MoU with the owner of such welding plant owner on the date of opening. The bidder should submit documentary evidence in support of the above requirement at time of submission.
- Manual tamping shall be used for tamping both plain line and turnouts arranged by Contractor at New ISBT Depot for tamping ballasted track.
- The contractor shall be required to interface closely with the various Detailed Design Consultants and the designated civil/structural and system contractors on the Patna MRTS, SG Corridor appointed by the Employer.
The scope of work shall include but not limited to the following:
- Supply of P. Way materials such as fastenings (For Plain Track, Colum Track & Embedded Track), glued insulated joints & buffer stops & (except Rails, Ballastless/Ballasted Turnout, Derailing Switch and Scissor Crossover and its PSC Sleepers which shall be supplied by the Employer).
- The contractor will make arrangements for mechanised handling and transportation of all materials (including the materials supplied by the Employer) to the site of work.
- The fastening system to be procured and installed in the ballasted track/ Column Track & Embedded Track shall comply to the performance criteria issued by Ministry of Railways vide letter No. 2009/proj/MAS/9/2 dated 21-05-2010 and approved by the Ministry of Railways, Government of India as on date of opening.
- Railway Board under their letter No. 2010/Proj./Genl/3/3 dated 23.12.2011 have issued Technical standard for Track Structure for Metro Railways/MRTS Systems “a copy of which is enclosed as Annexure ‘A’ of Particulars Specifications provided in volume 3 of Tender documents;
- The tenders design shall comply with these standards unless instructed by Employer.
- Design of plinth / slab type track structure.
- Setting out final alignment.
- Welding of UIC 60 IRS-T-12-2009, 1080/880 grade head hardened rails using the specified welding techniques.
- Provision of shear connector, wherever required, between 1st pour and 2nd pour reinforced concrete for ballastless track.
- Laying of Ballasted track on PSC sleepers, ballastless plain track on reinforced concrete plinth/RCC slab, installing track fastener system, rail expansion joint, glued insulated joint, turnouts, derailing switches, buffer stops, level crossings, check rails etc. to the stipulated tolerances on the running lines, stabling lines, Depot and Workshop lines.
- Testing of components and installation methods.
- The scope of work for the contract is further described in the Employer’s requirement.
Source: DMRC- Tender Update