Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) has recently issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) and awarded a Consultancy Services contract to M/s LKT Engineering Consultants Ltd. for the detailed design of three elevated stations along the PCMC to Nigdi corridor of the Pune Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: P1A/DDC-01/2023
- Name of Work: Detailed Design Consultancy Services for 3 (Three) elevated stations viz. Chinchwad, Akurdi, and Nigdi, excluding viaduct in station portions on PCMC to Nigdi corridor of Pune Metro Rail Project.
- Awarded Value: INR 1,11,00,000/-
- Contract Period: 30 Months
- General Terms of References of Detailed Design Consultancy – Stations (DDC) Contract: The DDC will function as a part of the team for the Project. The DDC shall prepare General Arrangement Drawings, Interface drawings, and Detailed Design & Drawings keeping in view the economy and aesthetic consideration.
- DDC will be required to prepare alternative Concepts, schemes with cost associated with each alternative and suggest the most economical and aesthetically appreciable alternative to Maha-Metro. DDC is not required to carry out any Geotechnical Investigation and Utility investigation/shifting. The stations are to be planned for 6 cars/coaches.
Purpose of this Document:
This document describes the General Scope of Services to be provided by the Tenderer hereafter referred to as “Detailed Design Consultant – Stations (DDC)”. Consultancy services for Preparation of Detailed design for Stations including Architecture, Civil and Structure, E&M services, Fire Fighting/Suppression and Protection, Plumbing, Sewerage, Water supply services, Building management services (BMS), Acoustics, Solar panel, and any other service/item required for completion of the work of Metro Rail Stations exclusive of Viaduct portions and guideway for the Metro system, and may also include certification of green building IGBC, for the following station Buildings for Phase-2.
Construction sequencing of work envisages construction of viaduct prior to construction of stations. DDC shall consider this sequencing in the designs and incorporate proposed construction methodology for stations with viaducts already in place.
Scope of Works:
DDC shall prepare Conceptual & Preliminary designs of each station and submit drawing/design Alternatives. DDC shall prepare schematic design based drawings/design alternatives. DDC will closely interact with viaduct designer and promptly provide him details of loads transferred from station structure to viaduct and any other input that may be required by viaduct designer for designing the viaduct in station portion.
DDC needs to design the Station building as per the parameters of the Detailed Project Report. Approved Design Basis Report (Elevated Stations) and Schedule of Dimensions (SOD) shall also be taken into consideration. Any changes in the design parameters will be conveyed to the DDC and no extra payment will be charged for the revision due to change in design parameters. Maha-Metro
DDC will perform cost effective detailed designs of civil, structural including PEB roof structures, architectural, E&M, Firefighting & Protection, Plumbing, Water, Sewer, and interface with other services based on conceptual designs and criteria issued with the tender documents for the stations.
DDC will prepare General Arrangement Drawings and detailed drawings of various items of work as per guidelines laid down by Maha-Metro. DDC will carry out detailed designs for building works, the fitting out of stations with architectural finishes, Plumbing System, Sanitary System, E&M, HVAC, Firefighting, IBMS, Signages, Rainwater harvesting, Multi-Modal integration and interface with services (including illuminations, lifts, escalators, water supply, drainage, power supply and public telephones), landscaping, advertisement boards within station limits, etc.
DDC will consider temporary and permanent diversion works for all utilities affected by the station works and accommodate the Public Utilities in the detailed design with changes as necessary to accommodate. Data to be given by Maha-Metro. DDC will also provide coordination for this purpose. DDC will coordinate and integrate designs and details with contractors and consultants employed by Maha-Metro working on contracts adjacent to the site of works for this contract.
DDC to attend every interface meeting with various civil, E&M and System contractors and consultants and the MOM / reports to be submitted to Maha Metro. DDC will prepare and update the design stage Combined Services Drawings (CSD), Structural Opening Drawings (SOD) and Structural-Electrical- Mechanical Drawings (SEM) and MEP drawings and Interface/Coordination Drawings. DDC will give all deliverables in a format compatible with BIM, and it will be the responsibility of DDC to ensure no ambiguity.
DDC will incorporate and co-ordinate changes in design due to System & E&M interfacing. DDC will incorporate changes in design resulting from the reviews carried out by Maha-Metro and/or Maha-Metro appointed GC who will be acting as the Engineer-in-charge (in case of appointment of GC) for the project.
DDC will consult and co-ordinate with the various City and Government authorities who interface with the project. Maha-Metro will assist in the coordination. Design & drawing will take care of fire stipulations as per codal requirement. In case of any approvals from Archaeological Survey of India, the same will be taken up by Maha-Metro however consultants shall assist for the same.
- DDC will incorporate emergency evacuation considering NFPA 130, NFPA 101, National Building Code and all relevant bylaws etc.
- All the station buildings have been envisaged as fully compliant of requirements of solar energy utilisation. Solar Energy utilisation compliant design is a specialised job.
- DDC may engage a sub-consultant of requisite expertise with the approval of Maha-Metro at own cost for making all designs compliant of solar energy utilisation needs.
- DDC will plan, design, detail out, control, co-ordinate, and execute the design phase of the Works for production of drawings, documents, and reports to meet the key schedule dates indicated and as directed by Maha-Metro.
- DDC would be required to prepare notes regarding quality of construction work observed by them during their periodical joint site visits and make necessary suggestions to Maha-Metro. Generally rendering to Maha-Metro every assistance, guidance or advice on any matter concerning the technical aspect of the project.
DDC will be fully responsible in their capacity as Detailed Design Consultants for the soundness of the design and shall be fully responsible for the Design. DDC to submit the BOQ (Station wise) as per the GFC drawings. Also, the revision in the GFC drawing should be submitted along with the consequent quantity variation reports.
DDC to ensure that all E&M & Solar service installation and routing requirement/ dependency with civil and structural drawing like wall, cutouts, shafts, fabricated supports in PEB, link bridge, entry/exit structures, foundations, sleeves etc. are incorporated in relevant civil and structural drawings and are updated as and when required.
If any changes in any systems, civil and architectural plan or drawings which impact other system works including material change, scope change etc. Then DDC should immediately interface and make other system stakeholders aware of the changes to avoid any wastage, rework, or delay. Also, the revised drawings (CSD, GFC etc.) incorporating the changes should be submitted within 7 days.
Time is the essence of the contract . DDC agreed to perform their duties as consultants and ensure that no delay would take place on account of supply of drawings to contractor/ Maha-Metro. In case of delays without valid reasons the DDC shall be liable to pay liquidated damages as described in the conditions of Tender-Documents.
DDC agrees to perform the duties as consultants under these presents and will advise Maha-Metro about the measures required to complete the construction of the works as entrusted to contractors according to the specifications and the schedule of time given to them and that no unnecessary delay is caused by reason of the DDC not furnishing any detail, as regards to designs, drawings or scrutiny thereon, etc. to the contractor.
DDC shall take a considered review of progress of construction-works within time and cost parameters and suggest improvements from time to time. During the contract period if the work of the contractor is delayed due to non-availability of deliverable from the DDC then DDC shall assist the contractor, strategy for match up schedule.
DDC agree that they will not without the written sanction of the Maha-Metro make any deviations in the plans or order any variation to the Contractor and such sanction of the Maha-Metro normally be communicated within 21 days of receipt of acceptable reasoning for such deviation from the DDC.
The copyright of all designs and drawings prepared in connection with this project in the executed form shall vest with Maha-Metro and shall become the property of Maha-Metro. The DDCs engaged on behalf of Maha-Metro, will during the period of their assignment, and thereafter, till the satisfactory completion of the construction of the work, act as consultants and give any advice regarding the construction of this work, in particular, to intending contractors who would tender and undertake the construction of this work.
DDC should submit 6 copies of BoQ, Reports, Documents and all drawings, design calculation and should also submit one set of soft copy in DVD/Pendrive. DDC professional fees/payments are inclusive of all responsibilities for carrying out the complete services as specified in the Scope of the Works, which include carrying out all mentioned services including all modifications, variation/addition in the design and drawings required during execution of work due to site requirement of Maha-Metro. Nothing extra shall be paid on any account till completion of this project in all respects beyond the fees/payments specified in the contract.
DDC is required to review the scheme for construction and erection of structural members in respect of the design proposed by them. If it is found that the design is not feasible to be adopted due to site condition or due to any other reason the DDC would give his remarks to Maha-Metro and shall change/modify the design as per feasibility of execution/site conditions. Nothing extra shall be payable in this account.
DDC will make available their services as and when required during the stage up to contract award: to modify existing designs or drawings as necessary to incorporate site conditions and unforeseen conditions; to assist MAHA-METRO staff in clarification of queries resulting from the design. DDC will provide support during construction on design related issues till commissioning.
Chinchwad Metro Station is proposed to be integrated with Chinchwad Station of Indian Railways through pedestrian foot over bridge (FOB). Detailed design of this FOB is in the scope of this contract. DDC shall propose different alternatives for approval of Maha-Metro and proceed with Detail design subsequently.
Scope of work includes design of all types of signages inside and outside station premises such as platform, concourse, street & surrounding street levels etc. DDC shall explore the provision for property development integrated with stations where there is possibility of introduction of one additional floor below/above platform level at all stations. If such provision is feasible detail design of same shall be in scope of this contract
DDC shall incorporate in their design the requirements of passenger access points, parking access, public transport access & drop off-pickup points, provisioning of other modes of transport per Multi ModaI transport Integration requirements. All costs associated with this shall be included in the Lump Sum price.
Alignment drawing of site prepared in 2018 is attached for reference purpose only and is subject to change. DDC is advised to send representatives at site to assess the current developments (New flyover, Transmission line etc.) and site conditions and bid accordingly. Latest alignment survey is under process and drawing will be shared subsequently once available.
Duties and Responsibilities of the DDC:
- The DDC shall initiate, and actively pursue and involve itself in all investigations and enquiries, consultations, studies, collection and compliance with pertinent information and data, convening of and attendance at meetings, and in any other activities as are or may be necessary for producing the detailed design, drawings and documents to the specified requirements. DDC to prepare the interface matrix / dependability chart between various contractors.
- The DDC shall carry out the Services in accordance with its own methods, in compliance with the provisions contained herein. Any and all changes necessary to ensure that the DDC’s design, drawings and documents conform to the intent and purpose set out in the Agreement, shall be made at the DDC’s own expense.
- The DDC represents that it is a professional and experienced consultant providing full consultancy services, and hereby agrees to bear full responsibility for the correctness and technical merit of the services performed.
With the awarding of this contract, the Pune Metro project takes a significant step forward in its development, ensuring the meticulous planning and execution of key infrastructure elements crucial for the city’s future transportation needs.
Source: Pune Metro- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): Pune Metro