The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has issued Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s RailTel Corporation of India Limited, for Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of IP/MPLS at various Metro Stations in DMRC.
- Tender Ref No: TELE-01/2020
- Name of work: Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of IP/MPLS at various Metro Stations in DMRC.
- Awarded Value: INR 7.22 Crore
- Work Completion Period (in days): 365
Recently, RailTel Corporation of India Ltd bagged two contracts from BSNL for commissioning of the Point-to-Point Links and from the Ministry of Railways for signaling works.
- RailTel Corporation of India Ltd received an Advance Purchase Order amounting to Rs. 25.46 Crores per annum from M/s. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) for commissioning of the Point-to-Point Links.
- The Advance Purchase Order issued for the said work will be valid for a period of one year and further extendable by two years.
- Also, RailTel has been assigned the following work of Rs.105.82 Crores by Ministry of Railways:
- Upgradation of signaling from Std. I to Std. II R with EI at 5 numbers of Station for the amount of approx. Rs.30.37 Crores.
- Phillaur-Lohiankhas upgradation of signaling. from Std. I to Std. II R with EI. at 5 numbers of Station for the amount of approx. Rs.24.79 Crores.
- Replacement of mechanical signaling at 5 numbers of Station for the amount of approx. Rs.50.66 Crores.
- The tenure for completion of aforesaid works is 18 months.
RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise is an ICT provider and one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure providers in the country owning a Pan-India optic fiber network on exclusive Right of Way (ROW) along Railway track. The OFC network covers all important towns & cities of the country and several rural areas.
- Presently, the optic fiber network of RailTel covers over 55,000 route kilometers and covers 5,677 railway stations across towns and cities in India.
- RailTel is an ISO certified company.
- Its operations are certified with various certifications including ISO 9001:2015, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018, ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and CMMI Level-4 for its quality management systems, information security management systems, and service management systems, respectively RailTel has a strategic relationship with the Indian Railways and it undertakes a wide variety of projects including provision of mission critical connectivity services such as video surveillance system at stations and within trains, ‘e-Office’ services and implementing short haul connectivity between stations and long haul connectivity to support various organizations within the Indian Railways.
- RailTel also undertakes various passenger services including content on demand services and Wi-Fi across major railway stations in India.
Source: DMRC-Tender update | Image Credit (representational): DMRC