RailTel Corporation of India Ltd., a Central Government PSU under the Ministry of Railways and Esri India, the country’s leading Geographic Information System (GIS) Software & Solutions provider, have signed an MoU to provide Cloud-based GIS Solutions to their users in the ‘Government Sector’. This collaboration will address the strong emerging demand for ‘GIS on Cloud’.
- With the Government’s increasing focus on using GIS for various national programs such as Digital India, Gati Shakti, Svamitva, Smart Cities, Jal Jeevan Mission, etc., the availability of robust and scalable Geospatial Infrastructure has become a huge need of the hour. Esri India, being always at the forefront of technological innovation,has already developed a unique product called Indo ArcGIS for Indian government customers.
- Apart from GIS technology products, the Indo ArcGIS suite includes industry-specific solution products for Disaster Management, Forest Management, Land Records, Electric Utility Management, Property Tax Management and many more. In addition, 500+ data layers are available to customers through the Indian edition of ArcGIS Living Atlas.
- With Esri India and RailTel’s partnership, ‘Indo ArcGIS on Cloud’ would now be available on RailTel Cloud, giving customers the much-needed advantage of scalability, agility and Cost-efficiency.
- Joint offerings would include software, cloud infrastructure and related services. This will help government organizations reduce costs and complexity by moving from on-premises infrastructure to Cloud and speed up the use of GIS in their initiatives and programs.
Talking about it, Mrs. Aruna Singh, CMD, RailTel, said, “Geospatial Infrastructure is fast becoming the backbone of many new strategic initiatives of both central and state governments in India. RailTel with its 2 Tier III data centers and over 61000 Kms of Optic Fiber Network is uniquely positioned to support government organizations in deploying their GIS applications on a secure public cloud. With this partnership with Esri India, we intend to offer a reliable, secure and managed GIS Infrastructure for large government programs and projects.”
Mr. Agendra Kumar, Managing Director, Esri India, said, “The convergence of GIS and Cloud technology opens new avenues for building the Geospatial Infrastructure in India. The solutions and data products included in Indo ArcGIS are created with the aim to help the government and private organizations solve the most pressing problems of the country effectively with GIS. To facilitate enhanced collaboration and more informed decisionmaking at a lower cost, we are now offering Indo ArcGIS on Cloud. RailTel offers the bestin-class secured Cloud infrastructure. Our partnership with RailTel will foster accelerated GIS deployment and provide the power of ‘geospatial infrastructure on Cloud’to our Indo ArcGIS users.”
- RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure providers in the country owning a Pan-India optic fiber network covering several towns& cities and rural areas of the country.
- Along with a strong a reliable network of 61000+ RKM of Optic fibre, RailTel has two MeitY empaneled tier III data centers as well. With its Pan India high-capacity network, RailTel is working towards creating a knowledge society at various fronts and has been selected for implementation of various mission-mode projects for the Government of India in the telecom field.
- RailTel offers a bundle of services like, MPLSVPN, Telepresence, leased line, Tower Co-location, Data center services, etc. RailTel is also working with the Indian Railways to transform railway stations into digital hubs by providing public Wi-Fi at railway stations across the country and 6100+ stations are live with RailTel’s RailWire Wi-Fi.
About Esri India:
- Established in 1996, Esri India Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (Esri India) is an end-to-end Geographic Information Systems (GIS) solutions provider. Organizations around the world use Esri’s ArcGIS to solve real-world problems and create positive change in industry and society. As a market leader, Esri India has successfully delivered cutting-edge GIS solutions, powered by ArcGIS, to more than 5000 customers.
- For Indian customers, it has engineered a unique product called ‘Indo ArcGIS’. Headquartered in Noida (Delhi-NCR), the company not only enjoys association with more than 4.5 lakh users across the country but has also got Great Place to Work® Certified twice.
Source: RailTel -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): RailTel
Be the first to comment