RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invites online e-tender for Supply, installation and commissioning of Stainless Steel pipes and Double Ferrule Fittings for Air Brake System of Cape Gauge DEMUs.
- Tender Reference Number: 2022/RITES/EXPO/NRZ/DEMU/07/SS Pipe and Ferrule
- Name of Work: Supply, installation and commissioning of Stainless Steel pipes and Double Ferrule Fittings for Air Brake System of Cape Gauge DEMUs.
- EMD: INR 2.17 Lakh
- Completion Period: 08 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 21st September, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 11th October, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 05th October, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 11th October, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 12th October, 2022
Scope of Supply:
- This contract is for the supply of the Goods of the description, specifications, and drawings, and in the quantities outlined in the contract on the dates specified therein.
- Incidental Works/ Services: If so stipulated, the contractor shall be required to perform specified incidental Works/ Services (e.g., Installation, Commissioning, Operator’s Training etc. in case of Supply of Capital Goods/ Machinery & Plant) as an integral part of the Goods in the contract.
Technical Specifications and Standards:
- The Goods & incidental Works/ Services to be provided by the contractor under this contract shall conform to the technical specifications and quality control parameters mentioned in ‘Technical Specification and Quality Assurance’ under Sections VII of the Tender Document or as stipulated in the contract.
- Wherever references are made in the Contract to codes and standards by which it shall be executed, the edition or the revised version of such codes and standards shall be those specified in the Contract. During Contract execution, any changes in any such codes and standards shall be applied only after approval by the Purchaser.
- For standards and requirements where no applicable specifications/ Quality Assurance are mentioned, appropriate latest authoritative standards and quality assurance issued by the concerned institution shall be applicable.
- The Goods supplied shall be:
- Entirely brand new, unused, and incorporate all recent improvements in design and materials unless prescribed otherwise by the Procuring Entity in the contract.
- Conform to materials, manufacture and workmanship as stipulated in the contract, free of all defects and faults using specified/ appropriate materials, manufacture, and workmanship throughout and consistent with the established and generally accepted standards for Goods of the type ordered and in full conformity with the contract specification, drawing or sample, if any.
Spare parts in Supply of Capital Goods/ Machinery and Plant:
- If SCC/ Contract declares it to be the procurement of Capital Goods/ Machinery & Plant, the contractor shall supply/ provide any or all of the following materials, information etc. about spare parts manufactured and/ or supplied by them.
- The spare parts as selected by the Procuring Entity to be purchased from the contractor, subject to the condition that such purchase of the spare parts shall not relieve the contractor of any contractual obligation including warranty obligations; and
- In case the production of the spare parts is discontinued within the service life of the equipment supplied hereunder (or a period stipulated in the contract).
- Sufficient advance notice to the Procuring Entity before such discontinuation to provide adequate time for it to purchase the required spare parts etc., and
- Immediately following such discontinuation, as and if requested by the Procuring Entity, provide free of cost the designs, drawings, layouts, specifications, and alternative sources of supply of such spare parts.
Supply Orders and Deliveries:
- Supply (withdrawal/ off take) orders for obtaining supplies through the rate contract, incorporating a definite quantity of Goods along with all other required conditions following the rate contract terms, shall be issued by the Procuring Entity or its nominated Direct Demanding Officers (D.D.O.). Such DDOs shall be nominated and authorized during the contract period by the Procuring Entity to place such Supply orders directly on the Contractor.
- The Contract shall deliver the quantities thus ordered as per the terms and conditions of the Supply Order and the Rate Contract.
- Procuring Entity is entitled to place supply orders up to the last day of the validity of the rate contract and, though supplies against such supply orders shall be affected beyond the validity period of the rate contract, all such supply shall be guided by the terms & conditions of the rate contract.
|1||Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Stainless Steel Pipes and Double Ferrule Fittings for Air Brake System of Cape Gauge DEMUs||30 coach sets of SS Pipes and Ferrules|
|2||Technical Support at MCF, Raebareli for Installation and Commissioning and proving out of Complete Air Brake System along with Compressor, as needed.||–|
|3||Warranty support for 24 months from date of commissioning of the equipment at MCF, Raebareli or 30 months from the date of supply, whichever is earlier||–|
|4||Training to about ten RITES’/ Zimbabwe Railways’ representatives at their premises in India for a period of about ten days.||–|
|5||Operation & Maintenance Manuals and Spare parts & Tools catalogues||15 sets of hard copies and soft copies|
|1||Track Gauge||1067 mm (Cape Gauge)|
|2||Minimum radius of curvature||80 meter|
|3||Wheel diameter (tread)||860 mm (not more than 952 mm)|
|4||Wheel Base||2150 mm|
|5||Maximum superelevation on curve track||100 mm|
|6||Maximum central deflection||100 mm|
|7||Clearance above rail level||100 mm|
|8||Height of the roof at center from the rail head||3,955 mm|
|9||Height of the roof at either sides from the rail||3,455 mm|
|10||Distance between centre pivot||12,600 mm|
Speeds and DEMU moving procedure:
- Design speed – 110 km/hr
- Operating Speed- 100 Km/hr
- Acceleration and deceleration shall be sufficient enough to operate the DEMU in suburban areas effectively where the stations are too close.
- When the DEMU is running in the direction of DPC it is to be operated from the driving cab of the DPC, and when it is running in the direction of DTC, it is to be operated from the driving cab of the DTC. With this arrangement the trouble of decoupling, rundown and coupling of the DPC at the end of the journey does not arise.
- When the driver is changing the driving cab, he should be able to do that without shutting down the engine. In such circumstances, all the diesel engines and other equipment of the DPC shall be able to work in synchronisation and be controlled by a single operator.
- Subject to provisions in the Tender Document, participation in this Tender Process is limited to bidders who are regularly approved vendors of Indian Railways fulfilling the ‘Eligibility’ and ‘Qualification criteria. Bidder should meet the following eligibility criteria as of the date of his bid submission and should continue to meet these till the award of the contract. Bidder shall be required to declare fulfilment of Eligibility Criteria in Form 1.2 (Eligibility Declarations). The Bidder, unless otherwise stipulated in TIS/ AITB:
- Be a natural person, private entity, or public entity (State-owned enterprise or institution).
- Unless permitted explicitly in TIS/ AITB, not be(or proposes to be, a Joint Venture/ Consortium(an association of several persons, firms, or companies – hereinafter referred to as JV/C).
- Be a manufacturer of the product offered or be a dealer authorized by the Principal/ OEM.
- Not be insolvent, in receivership, bankrupt or being wound up, not have its affairs administered by a court or a judicial officer, not have its business activities suspended and must not be the subject of legal proceedings for any of these reasons.
- Not stand declared ineligible/ blacklisted/ banned/ debarred by the RITES Limited or its Ministry/ Department from participation in its Tender Processes; and/ or
- Not be convicted (within three years preceding the last date of bid submission)or stand declared ineligible/ suspended/ blacklisted/ banned/ debarred by appropriate agencies of Government of India from participation in Tender Processes of all of its entities, for: offences involving moral turpitude in business dealings under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 or any other law; and/or offences under the Indian Penal Code or any other law for causing any loss of life/ limbs/ property or endangering Public Health during the execution of a public procurement contract and/ or suspected to be or of doubtful loyalty to the Country or a National Security risk as determined by appropriate agencies of the Government of India.
- Not have changed its name or created a new business entity as covered by the definition of “Allied Firm”, consequent to having been declared ineligible/ suspended/ blacklisted/ banned/ debarred as above;
- Not have an association (as a bidder/ partner/ director/ employee in any capacity) of retired Manager (of Gazetted Rank) or a retired Gazetted Officer of the Central or State Government or its Public Sector Undertakings if such a retired person has not completed the cooling-off period of one year after his retirement. However, this shall not apply if such managers/ officers have obtained a waiver of the cooling-off period from their erstwhile organization of the near relations of executives of Procuring Entity involved in this Tender Process.
- Not having a conflict of interest, which substantially affects fair competition. The prices quoted should be competitive and without adopting any unfair/ unethical/ anti- Competitive means. No attempt should be made to induce any other bidder to submit or not to submit an offer for restricting competition.
- Must fulfill any other additional eligibility condition, if any, as may be prescribed, in TIS or elsewhere in Tender Document.
- Must provide such evidence of their continued eligibility to the Procuring Entity if so requested.
- Class-II Local Suppliers and Non-Local Suppliers (as defined in Make-in-India policy) shall be eligible subject to certain conditions as detailed in the ITB-clause 4.1.
- From specified countries having land borders with India (but not in development partnership with India) shall be eligible subject to certain conditions as detailed in the ITB-clause 3.3.
- If TIS/ AITB declares this to be a procurement process for the second stage of two-stage/ Pre-Qualification Bidding (PQB) after short listing qualified bidders in the EoI/ PQB stage, then only the bidders shortlisted/ qualified in the first stage shall be eligible to participate.
Source: RITES -Tender | Image Credit (representational): RITES