Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, South Central Railway undertook Annual Inspection of Wagon Workshop, Rayanapadu on 17th February, 2021. He was accompanied by Shri J.K Jain Principal Chief Mechanical Engineer and other senior officials throughout the inspection.
- The General Manager commenced the inspection at Wagon Workshop and inaugurated the CCTV monitoring room, First Aid centre, R.O water plant and Ladies restroom.
- He flagged off the POH BOXN rake and laid foundation stone for a new shed. The General Manager planted saplings towards the green environment and inaugurated the supervisors meeting hall cum office complex.
- Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, SCR inaugurated the Flexible Roller Conveyor and Liquid Extractor, he inspected the Wagons in Body Repair shop, CBC and Bogie shop, wheel shop and laid the foundation stone for Portal Wheel Lathe.
- He inaugurated the Optical Spectrometer and Central Control Room and interacted with members of various unions at the administrative office.
- Later, the General Manager held a performance review meeting with the officials wherein he discussed and advised the officials on further developmental plans of the Wagon Workshop.
- Later, the General Manager inspected and reviewed the progress of major bridge at Cutlair under construction as part of the third line works between Vijayawada – Kazipet section and carried out a rear window inspection between Kondapalli – Kazipet section.
- The General Manager inspected the progress of third line works between Kondapalli – Dornakal section.
Annual Inspection between Gudur-Ongole-Tenali section:
Meanwhile, Shri Gajanan Mallya undertook Annual Inspection of Gudur-Ongole-Tenali section of Vijayawada Division on 16th February, 2021. He was accompanied by Shri P. Srinivas, Divisional Railway Manager, Vijayawada Division, Principal Head of the Departments and other senior officials throughout the inspection.
- The General Manager commenced the inspection at Gudur Railway station and proceeded further to Manubolu – Kommarapudi section where he inspected the Road Under Bridge (RUB), Level Crossing Gate and Relay Room.
- He inspected the Level crossing gate between Kommarapudi – Venkatachalam section, where he reviewed the safety aspects and also interacted with the Gateman.
- The General Manager inspected Venkatachalam Railway station and discussed various station developmental plans with the officials.
- He carried out a speed test of 120 Kmph between Venkatachalam – Nellore section.
- The General Manager inspected minor bridges between Kommarapudi – Venkatachalam and Alluru – Bitragunta sections.
- Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, SCR inspected Bitragunta Railway station and discussed on station developmental plans with the officials.
- He inaugurated a Crew Booking Lobby, New Freight Examination facility and flagged off a goods train.
- He inspected the new Carriage & Workshop office at Bitragunta station.
- He inspected the facilities available at Bitragunta running room and discussed further improvements with the officials.
- The General Manager also planted saplings towards the green environment at Bitragunta.
- He conducted a speed test between Kavali – Singarayakonda section.
- The General Manager inspected the Road Under Bridge (RUB) and a major bridge between Ulavapadu – Singarayakonda – Tanguturu section.
- The General Manager inspected a bridge over the Romperu river between Uppugunduru – Chinnaganjam section and interacted with the track maintainers.
- He inspected the level crossing gate between Tsunduru – Tenali section.
- The General Manager inspected Tenali Railway station, the Health Unit and reviewed the facilities available.
- The General Manager also visited the staff quarters and Railway colony at Tenali where he interacted with the residents of the facilities provided.
- During the inspection, the General Manager inspected and reviewed overall track maintenance on the entire stretch of Gudur – Tenali section and also conducted speed tests on the section.
Source: South Central Railway-Press Release