Shri Shantanu Roy has taken charge as Director (Mining & Construction Business) and nominated as a member on Board of BEML Limited, a Defence Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Defence.
- Prior to his elevation he was Executive Director and was responsible for International Business Division, Strategy & New initiatives, Coordination and Northern region operations.
- A graduate in Electrical Engineering from NIT, Raipur, he is also an MBA in Financial Management.
- He is married to Smt. Piyali Roy, Postgraduate MSc in Mathematics & MA in Education and a homemaker. They have a son Abhigyan Roy pursuing Masters in Finance and a daughter Aditi Roy, who is in 12th standard.
About BEML Limited:
- BEML Limited (formerly Bharat Earth Movers Limited) was established in May 1964 as a Public Sector Undertaking for manufacture of Rail Coaches & Spare Parts and Mining Equipment at its Bangalore Complex.
- The Company has partially disinvested and presently Government of India owns 54 percent of total equity and the rest 46 percent is held by Public, Financial Institutions, Foreign Institutional Investors, Banks and Employees.
- BEML Limited, a ‘Schedule-A’ Company, plays a pivotal role and serves India’s core sectors like Defence, Rail, Power, Mining and Infrastructure.
- The Company operates under three major Business verticals viz., Mining & Construction, Defence and Rail & Metro.
- The three verticals are serviced by nine manufacturing units located at Bangalore, Kolar Gold Fields (KGF), Mysore, Palakkad and Subsidiary – Vignyan Industries Ltd, in Chikmagalur District.
Source: BEML- Press Release