Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, MD, NCRTC, along with other senior officers inspected on 20.11.2021 the on-going construction on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor between Delhi and Duhai.
- Considering the criticality of operationalisation of Duhai depot to implement priority section, he reviewed the various ongoing works at depot site including admin building in detail and understood the mobilisation schedule of system contractors.
- He took note of the ongoing works of electric mast installation, track laying activities etc. and expressed satisfaction on the pace of work, while ensuring the quality and safety protocols.
- All five stations of the priority section are taking shape now.
- While inspecting ongoing works at Guldhar, Ghaziabad, and Sahibabad stations, he interacted with engineers, contractors, and workers to understand their challenges.
- In the Delhi section, he reviewed the construction progress at Anand Vihar and appreciated the maintenance of cleanliness at sites.
- He also visited the casting yard manufacturing segments for the underground section of the corridor.
- Mr Singh expressed his satisfaction with the progress of the work, urged everyone to comply with established protocols at the sites, and take every possible step to minimize inconvenience to the public in the development of this first of its kind infrastructure project.
- He took keen interest in understanding various dust mitigation measures being taken up at the sites.
- He appreciated the efforts taken to control pollution and encouraged the teams to further ramp-up the measures, as deemed fit considering the air quality situation in the region.
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
The Project was sanctioned by the Government of India in March 2019. On 8th March 2019, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India laid the Foundation Stone of India’s first regional rail.
The details of current status of this corridor is provided below:-
- The construction of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor is progressing on schedule.
- Contracts for all the major packages have been awarded and the prototype RRTS trainset is expected to be delivered by Dec’2021.
- Project work for priority section of Duhai to Sahibabad of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is progressing on schedule with following developments:
- Construction of civil infrastructure including piles, pile caps, piers, viaduct and station work is on full swing.
- Construction of RSS at Muradnagar has started for feeding the priority section including Duhai Depotc.
- Land for Duhai Depot has already been acquired and depot infrastructure construction has started.
- Contract has been awarded for most of the system packages like Rolling Stock, Signalling & Telecom, Track, Traction and OHE etc.
- Possession of Land allotted by Government of India for stabling yard in Delhi.
Source: NCRTC-Press Release