Agra Metro Rail Project will have 2 corridors which will pass through heart of the city and will connect prominent tourist places including Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Sikandra as well as ISBT, Raja Ki Mandi Railway Station, Medical College, Agra Cant Railway Station, Collectorate, Sanjay Place and surrounding densely populated residential areas.
About the two corridors:
- The length of Sikandra to Taj East Gate corridor 14.00 km, which is partly elevated and partly underground comprises of 13 Stations (6-Elevated and 7-Underground).
- The length of Agra Cantt to Kalindi Vihar corridor is 15.40 km comprising of 14 stations all elevated.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Feb 28 has approved Agra Metro Rail Project.
- Estimated cost of the project is Rs. 8,379.62Cr. and project will be completed in 5 years.
- The proposed corridors will be having Multimodal Integration with Railway Stations & BRTS Stations and will have feeder network of Bus, Intermediate Public Transport (IPT) and Non Motorized Transport (NMT).
- The Project will have non-fare box revenue from rental & advertisement as well as Value Capture Financing (VCF) through mechanism of Transit Oriented Development (TOD) and Transfer of Development Rights (TDR).
- LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation), a 50:50 jointly owned Company of Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh will be reconstituted as Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) for implementation of project.
- The financing of Agra Metro Rail Project will be partly from Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh on equal equity basis and partly as soft loan from Bilateral/Multilateral international funding agency/agencies.
- Govt.of Uttar Pradesh has already allocated Rs. 175 Crore for this period during the financial year 2019-20.
To know more about recent developments of Agra Metro –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )