The government has allocated Rs 5,993 crore for the railway sector of Odisha in Union budget 2019-20, registering an increase of Rs 741 crore from the last year’s outlay, a railway official said. It is the highest ever railway allotment for Odisha.
- An East Coast Railway (ECoR) spokesperson said that the interim budget had provided Rs Rs 5940 crore and last year’s budget have given Rs Rs 5252 crore to the state.
- The fund was allocated for:
- Passenger amenities
- Track renewal & repairs
- Road over bridges
- Road under bridges
- Staff amenities
- The spokesperson said, a number of new railway projects have been sanctioned for Odisha in the Union budget 2019-20.
Funds allocation for projects of Odisha include:
- Rs 180 crore for Passenger amenities
- Rs 1,400 crore for several new railway lines
- Rs 250 crore has been provided for 98.7 km Angul-Sukinda Road
- Rs 400 crore for 82 km Haridaspur-Paradeep line
- Rs 350 crore for Khurda Road-Bolangir new line
- Rs 150 crore for the Talcher-Bimlagarh new line
Funds were also given for the Khurda Road-Bolangir line, Talcher-Bimlagarh line, Jeypore-Malkangiri line, and Jeypore-Nabarangpur line, the spokesperson said. Grants have also been announced for doubling of over a dozen lines – Sambalpur-Talcher, Koraput-Singapur Road and Budapank-Salegaon, the spokesperson said.
Newly-announced railway projects for Odisha Include: