Surat: German development bank, KFW and French development bank, AFD (Agence française de développemen) is considering to finance the metro rail project in the city. Recently, a 10-member team of KFW and AFD arrived in Surat, on a study-tour to consider financing the metro rail project.
- The officials held a meeting with Surat Municipal Corporation, Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation and Surat Urban Development Authority.
- The Centre has approved two corridors of the Surat Metro project, which will be executed at an estimated cost of around Rs 12,000 crore.
- The Surat Metro Rail Project will have two Metro Rail Corridors with combined length of 40.35 km.
- The corridor-1, Sarthana to Dream city line is 21.61 Kms comprising of underground corridor of 6.47 km & elevated corridor of 15.14 km, which will connect 20 metro stations (via Sarthana, Nature park ,Kapodra, Labheshwar chowk area, Central Ware house , Surat Railway station, Maskati hospital, Gandhi baug, Majura Gate,Roopali canal, Dream city).
- The corridor-2, Bhesan to saroli line is 18.74kms and is completely elevated corridor which will connect 18 Metro stations. (via Bhesan, Ugat Vaarigruh, Palanpur road, LP Savani School, Adajan Gam,Aquarium, Majuragate, Kamela Darwaza, Magob & Saroli).
- Dream city and Bhesan depot will fulfill the maintenance facilities of Surat metro rail Project.
- The proposed corridors will be having Multimodal Integration, and will have feeder network of Bus, Intermediate Public Transport (IPT) and Non-Motorized Transport (NMT).