Hyderabad Metro‘s stretch between Hitech City and Raidurg is likely to be opened by August-end. The Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMRL) is holding the final inspection of the overhead power lines by operating the Cantilever Maintenance Vehicle (CMV) on the Hitech City–Raidurg (Mindspace) stretch.
- Currently, final inspection of the overhead electrical lines are under way before energisation of the system is completed to start trial runs.
- After the launch of Metro services on the Ameerpet-Hitech City route, there has been a huge demand to increase the frequency of services on the route and extension of services till Raidurg (Mindspace) station.
- Accordingly, efforts have been intensified to extend Metro services till Raidurg (Mindspace), which is 1.5 km from Hitech City, by the August-end, besides completing the reversal in front of Cyber Towers and Trident Hotel.
- After getting convinced with the functioning of overhead electrical lines and other components, trial runs could be launched on the route.
- All these tests have to be done to check if the entire system is in order before the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) takes up inspection.
- Efforts are also being made to complete the reversal in front of Cyber Towers and Trident Hotel beyond Hitech City.
- In the absence of reversal facility, services are being operated in twin single line method between Hitech City and Jubilee Hills Checkpost and trains are brought to their respective ‘up’ and ‘down’ line directions by making use of the crossover line at Jubilee Hills Checkpost.
- Once the reversal comes into operation, more services can be operated for the convenience of passengers.
- The works on the Hitech City – Raidurg line will be completed by August-end and the services may commence from September, Sources said.