The Hyderabad Metro Rail has created a new record in patronage with nearly 3.06 lakh passengers traveling by Metro trains on Wednesday. HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy said the number of passengers using the service created a new record and Metro stations had registered a record 3.23 lakh footfall on Wednesday.
- After unfurling the national flag at Metro Rail Bhavan in Hyderabad, Reddy said the Hitec City reversal works were completed in all respects and normal train services would be introduced between Jubilee Hills checkpost and Hitec City in the next few days after mandatory safety clearances were obtained.
- He said that the frequency of trains will be increased to and from Hitec City in all directions in a few days from now
- The frequency will be increased to 5 minutes or even 3 minutes during peak hours if required to and from Hitec City in all directions.
- The works up to Raidurg (Mindspace Jn. station) were also nearing completion.
- Trial runs would start on the section between Hitec City and Raidurg stations.
- The works on the Hitech City – Raidurg line will be completed by August-end and the services may commence from September, Sources said.