The Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai is all set to meet its target of manufacturing 4,000 coaches in 2019-20 as it has manufactured over 3200 coaches in a period of 9 months, railway officials said. The ICF has manufactured 3,262 coaches as on Monday in just 9 months and 13 days, a senior railway official said.
- By this speed we shall achieve the target of manufacturing 4,000 coaches by March 2020, he said.
- The ICF last year itself was world’s largest coach factory and is now nearing its own records to cross the 4,000 mark considered unthinkable a year ago, the official said.
- The ICF can achieve the target of manufacturing 5,000 coaches in next financial year, the official said.
- On January 9, the Rail Coach Factory (RCF) manufactured its 1,000th passenger coach in a shorter period than the previous year.
- The RCF will also target to manufacture over 2,000 coaches in in next financial year, with 1,000 coach production before October 2020, the official said.