Date of Post : 23 Aug, 2017
Pune : The Rs 11,400 Crore Pune Metro Project is finally on full swing. The Metro officials are doing their best to provide all possible facilities to the commuters so that the commute can become more easy and hassle free.
No. of Phases : 2
Train Length : 4 Coaches
Detailed Project Report Prepared By : Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
Phase – I : The Phase I will have 2 lines
Line 1 : Chinchwad – Pimpri – Swargate (16.5 km)
Line 2: Vanaz – Ramwadi (14.9 km)
Phase – II : This Phase will also have 2 lines and the extension of Phase I
Line 3 : Deccan Gymkhana – Bund Garden (11 km)
Line 4 : ASI – Hinjawadi, Length (18 km)
Pune Metro To Provide These Facilities
- It will operate 19 hours daily with opt. freq. during peak hour
- Pune Metro will be environment friendly. Water efficiency will be increased by using 100% recycled water in horticulture, flushing, etc.
- Free pedestrian crossing
- Controlled Environment – Centrally air-conditioned areas
- PIDS- Computerized passenger information display system in public areas
- Universal Access- seamless travel for differently abled
State of the art multimodal transport hub :
- Public Parking
- Provisions for Feeder System
- City Bus
- Foot Over Bridges.
Revenue generating functions
- Premium offices
- Platinum rated green building
- LED lighting
- Water Recycling
- Bio Digesters for sewage
- Ingress of natural lights in public areas
- Cutting of solar heat and glare
- Green building materials
Facilities At The Stations
- Automated Kiosks, PIS Tactile Paving, Drinking Water, Emergency Exits, etc.
- Hand rails, ramps, stair lifts, elevators.
- Rest areas, sitting area, public telephones
- Alighting and boarding area
- Ample amount of parking space for bikes and cars
- Restaurants & shopping mall within the stations
- Multimodal integration with buses, rickshaws and feeder services
Facilities Inside The Train
- Easy and full access to the differently abled citizen
- Air-conditioned coaches
- Well planned seating arrangements and handles for citizens
- Automated doors for ensuring safety and security
- 24×7 CCTV surveillance
More About Pune Metro:
(Rail track size) standard 1435 mm
Designed speed: 80kmph
Scheduled speed: 33 kmph for corridor-1, 31 kmph for corridor-2
Rolling stock (coach)
Stainless steel coached for better safety
The 4 coaches trains will accommodate 1100 passengers
For nearby tourist spots, hospitals, schools, offices, etc.
Projection digital project management platform for monitoring of the project
Ultra booking facilities like smart ticketing. using mobile apps, etc.
World class architects and architects firms from the world would be selected through global competitive bidding
Wifi facility at station and also in the train