- Railtel has now completed the Sahibabad railway station of NR (Northern Railway) for wifi and has become the 1,500th station to be live with RailWire Wi-Fi.
- The RailTel is one of the largest and fastest public WiFi networks in the world.
- RailTel has also tied up with Tata Trust to provide free high-speed WiFi at 4,791 B, C, D and E category railway stations.
- RailWire will be one of the most largest public Wi-Fi projects in the world once it completed.
- Passengers can download high definition videos, download movies, songs and games with this high-speed Wi-fi service connectivity at Railway stations.
- Passengers can also avail RailWire WiFi at multiple stations in over 27 states and union territories across the country.
- Across the Indian Railways network, over 80 lakh passengers use free high-speed Wi-Fi at 831 stations.
- It may be noted that RailWire focuses on pure-play broadband and VPN services.
- It offers content and application driven network and aims to become a hub of local information and a tool for rendering communication, infotainment, education, health and community services to the railway passengers.
- RailTel has also roped in Google as the technology partner for setting up a fast Wi-Fi network initially covering 400 stations for providing fast Wi-Fi to millions of passengers every day.
- The RailWire WiFi is available to anyone with a smartphone.
Rail Analysis insights: Railtel has now completed the Sahibabad railway station of NR (Northern Railway) for wifi and has become the 1,500th station to be live with RailWire Wi-Fi.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :