AFRICAN PORTS EVOLUTION – WEST AFRICA is designed to provide an intensive and focused one-stop-shop for the region’s maritime sector. Expect all the latest trends, technology solutions and project updates at your fingertips. This interactive and innovative forum will enable learning, knowledge-sharing and bench-marking of best practice to maximise port through-put. The conference assists the West African maritime sector to remain adaptable, motivated and responsive as an industry, with the ultimate goal of promoting dialogue between government and the private sector and enhancing collaboration between inter-regional partnership and joint ventures.
THE STRATEGIC CONFERENCE WILL BE HIGHLY INTERACTIVE AND SOLUTIONS-FOCUSED.
Panel discussions & round tables cover the following topics:
- Enhancing port competitiveness while driving port collaboration
- Understanding the benefits of the Port-City Nexus: why ports should create reciprocal synergies with their surrounding communities
- Using IT solutions to drive port efficiency, optimisation and cost control
- Developing a single vision strategy for the West African region by establishing a data matrix for each port
- Promoting international trade through enhanced port safety and security
- Solving local capacity and skills gaps in the sector
- Turning environmental impact challenges into opportunities
Currently port competitiveness in the region and the greater African continent are at a tipping point, with the number of expansion and developmental projects taking place. At African Ports Evolution – West Africa, you will hear up-to-date information about port projects and the most successful ports in the region.