Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) and M/s Bosch Limited signed an agreement for the direct walkway connectivity from Lakkasandra Underground Metro Station.This will benefit 12,000 Bosch employees by providing them a direct access to the campus.
- Connectivity agreement between Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) and M/s Bosch Limited for direct walkway access to M/s Bosch campus from Lakkasandra Underground Metro Station.
- A Connectivity agreement was signed today on 17th November, 2023 between BMRCL and M/s Bosch Limited to provide direct access from concourse level of Lakkasandra underground Metro Station to Bosch premises through an underground walkway for a period of Thirty (30) years.
- This will help over 12000 Bosch employees directly connect to the campus from the station without the necessity of crossing the road. The infrastructure work will be carried out by BMRCL and cost will be borne by M/s Bosch Limited.
- This is the first such agreement on the Reach 6 Metro Line from Kalena A to Nagawara.
- The Agreement was signed by Shri Anjum Parwez, IAS, Managing Director, BMRCL and Shri Aravind Maiya, Senior General Manager, M/s Bosch Limited in presence of senior officials of BMRCL and M/s Bosch Limited.
About the Project:
The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited is a joint venture enterprise of Government of India and Government of Karnataka, entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Bangalore Metro Rail project.
The Phase-1 of the project which is already under operation consists of 42.3 km with 40 stations. The East-West Corridor is for a length of 18.2 km and North-South Corridor is for a length of 24.1 Km. The underground section, which is 8.80 km in length, has seven stations including the interchange station at Majestic.
The Phase-2 of Bangalore Metro Rail Project consists of Four Extensions to the existing lines and Two New Lines with a total length of 72.095 km with 61 stations (49 Elevated and 12 Underground).
This Bid is for engagement of Consultant for the services of “Detailed Design Consultancy (DDC) for Airport Depot at Doddajala and Remodelling of existing Baiyappanahalli Depot for Bangalore Metro Rail Project – Phase-2A & 2B.”
Source: BMRCL- Press Release | Image Credit: BMRCL