Chennai Metro Rail has been operating feeder services named “Metro Connect” in collaboration with M/s Fastrack Cabs to provide last mile connectivity facility to areas like IT parks and educational institutions.
- This initiative was also launched with RMZ One Paramount to provide seamless connectivity to their clients and staff working in the RMZ One Paramount located at Porur.
- Mr. Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems and Operations) of CMRL, flagged off the exclusive service of AC tempo travellers, at RMZ One Paramount, Porur in the presence of Mr. Julian Pradeep Francis, Senior Vice President – Asset Management, RMZ One Paramount, senior officials and staff of CMRL were present during the occasion.
- This Tempo Traveller-based Air Conditioned Metro Connect Service, features a seating capacity of 18 passengers in each of the two vehicles, available from Monday to Friday between 8.30 AM and 11.30 AM in the morning and 5.30 PM to 10.30 PM in the evening, with the possibility of adjustments based on demand.
- The Metro Connect Service will shuttle between RMZ One Paramount and Alandur Metro Station, covering an approximate distance of 12 KM each way, with an estimated travel time of 15 to 30 minutes, contingent on road traffic conditions.
- Commuters can avail of this convenient and affordable service at a cost of INR 50 per ride through the FastTrack Cabs mobile application, accessible on both IOS and Android platforms.
- We are aware of the difficulties that city commuters experience on a daily basis, and the Metro Connect Service aims to ease these concerns by offering a convenient, hassle-free, and affordable alternate mode of transportation.
- By opting for the Metro Connect Service, commuters may significantly decrease the amount of time it takes them to get where they’re going, avoid the stress of navigating through traffic, and arrive at their destinations feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead.
Source: CMRL- Press Release | Image Credit: CMRL