Chennai Metro passengers can now skip long queues at Metro Stations and Ticket Counters with seamless digital QR based tickets.
- CMRL has partnered with One97 Communications Limited (OCL) that owns the brand Paytm has launched QR code-based ticketing for metro travel, as another alternative to the existing tokens and smart cards. This service will also carry the existing 20% discount.
- Managing Director of CMRL Mr. M.A. Siddique, I.A.S., launched the QR code based ticketing system via paytm app at MetroS, Nandanam, Anna Salai. The Directors of CMRL, Mr. T. Archunan, (Project), Dr. Prasanna Kumar Acharya, (Finance), along with Assistant Vice President for Paytm Mr. Ankit Choudary, Senior officials of CMRL and Paytm were present during the occasion.
- With this, commuters can now get the mobile QR ticket after specifying the station of entry and destination station on the day of the journey.
- Passengers will simply be required to hold their smartphone in front of the QR code scanner of the Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gates at both entry and exit stations to proceed for the journey.
- The QR-based ticketing at Chennai Metro stations will lead to more efficient and hassle-free movement of passengers. This step is aimed at bringing convenience to the metro commuters in Chennai, who can purchase a QR ticket on their Paytm app under the Metro Section.
- Paytm app offers the flexibility of various payment options like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm UPI Lite, Paytm Postpaid, net-banking or cards.
Source: CMRL- Press Release | Image Credit: CMRL